4.0 alternator question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 4.0 alternator question

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 11-09-2013, 06:50 PM   #1
Macmqs
2013 JK Wrangler 

4.0 alternator question

Im in the process of switching my alternator and in that process I broke one the the ground points off the connector thing. Its from to the wiring harness and goes on the back of the alternator and is a plastic box with two circle ground connectors. So my question is, can I just connect one of the ground points or do I have to rewire the whole thing with a new one? Im not sure what part it is or what it does. Thanks!

Heres a picture on it. As you can see, there is a circle ground point where my finger is and then to the right of it is where the one that broke off suppose to be.

Macmqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2013, 07:03 PM   #2
ThomasYJ
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Physically and technically you COULD just reconnect as is, but with it being the alternator and the component being designed that way, why tempt fate?

I'd look into getting a new one. Best of Luck
ThomasYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2013, 07:27 PM   #3
Macmqs
2013 JK Wrangler 

The problem is that I don't know what part it is or where to find a new one. Do you know if that is just a ground or is that an important connector for the alternator? If it just a ground I côuld have I new part welded on, but I don't want to do that of it serves a purpose.
Unread 11-09-2013, 07:47 PM   #4
jsawduste
Web Wheeler
2006 YJ Wrangler 

You want it and need it. Alternator harness.
http://www.cfoffroad.com/Parts.html

Tell Chris that John and Darryl sent you.
jsawduste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2013, 08:26 PM   #5
Macmqs
2013 JK Wrangler 

I can't find it anywhere online or in a store. What would be the name for the actual plastic box that broke? Could I cut it off and soder one off a junked jeep?
Unread 11-10-2013, 03:59 AM   #6
jsawduste
Web Wheeler
2006 YJ Wrangler 

It doesn't have a name. It is simply an insulated junction box that provides support to the wires.

Call Chris and be done with it.
jsawduste is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.