4.0 or 4.2??? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 4.0 or 4.2???

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 12-12-2013, 08:01 PM   #31
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

The one wrapped in tape is the CTO valve

Unread 12-12-2013, 08:33 PM   #32
Kingston
1987 YJ Wrangler 

The linkage looks like a normal system BUT it had 2 half moon lookin gear componets in the back, the choke linkage goes on the side facing the motor.....if some one could show some pix of the possiblities then i could say yes or no.
Kingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2013, 08:54 PM   #33
Kingston
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Ok on the cto, is there a way to address this area without duck tape? This aint my mud buggy
Unread 12-13-2013, 03:27 AM   #34
roadyrob
1987 YJ Wrangler 

the red arrow id pointing to where the PCV should go, not to the air cleaner. that should take care of the oil leaking out of the valve cover by the filter.

the voices aren't real but they sure have good ideas.
roadyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2013, 04:47 AM   #35
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

for now, you can put little caps on the cto nipples but they run to different vacuum systems and canisters.
Unread 12-13-2013, 08:08 AM   #36
Kingston
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadyrob View Post
the red arrow id pointing to where the PCV should go, not to the air cleaner. that should take care of the oil leaking out of the valve cover by the filter.
This would be true but all the original emmisions has been removed, no charcoal can or anything. Thats y the valve on the side of the block is taped up also, the vacuum lines has been caped. Which is great cuz motors ran for years in my dads time without all that extra crap, im just tryin to figure out how to make this one runn correctly without it since it wants to die when i go to slow down or stop, its difficult clutching and feathering the gas n tryin to hold the brake on hills lol
Unread 12-13-2013, 09:35 AM   #37
roadyrob
1987 YJ Wrangler 

the PCV requires vacuum, your not getting it with it hooked to the air cleaner. as to removing the emissions junk mine has been long gone but I still run a PCV line, the days of running a motor with just a line to the outside ended in the 60's, I've had them and when a motor got old they dripped oil or leaked it like yours is doing.

the voices aren't real but they sure have good ideas.
roadyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2013, 10:01 AM   #38
Kingston
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Ok, all the pcv ive delt with went to the filter, even the original carb on this motor according to haynes book went to filter. But chevy big blocks are different than jeep, so what your telling me is unhook the line from the white part on the filter and put it at the bottom of the carb were the bolt plugs it and this will stop the oil pushing it way out the breather out the back of the valve cover
Unread 12-13-2013, 11:08 AM   #39
Kingston
1987 YJ Wrangler 

i hope this would help, also anyone know a easy way to extend the manual choke? since it seems to be stuck open, im thinkin the cable may not be long enough since it was ment for the original carb
photo11.jpg  
Unread 12-13-2013, 11:56 AM   #40
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

you can also just remove the cto and put a screw in plug. i removed mine and just plugged it
Unread 12-13-2013, 12:09 PM   #41
Kingston
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by superj View Post
you can also just remove the cto and put a screw in plug. i removed mine and just plugged it
wouldnt remember what size u used and thread type?
Unread 12-13-2013, 04:03 PM   #42
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Nah, I think I got it out of some of my dad's junk from his plumbing supplies but I am not for sure. I didn't go buy it though
Unread 12-13-2013, 07:30 PM   #43
Kingston
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Ok thanx
Unread 12-14-2013, 04:38 PM   #44
Kingston
1987 YJ Wrangler 

So imma try the swap of the lines around and tune the carb up following this http://www.carburetion.com/Weber/adjust.htm
Hopefully it wont be hard to crank and die when i slow down to
Stop
Unread 12-15-2013, 12:49 PM   #45
Kingston
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Ok so the tune was a epic fail, couldnt get it tuned n at one point couldnt crank it lol

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.