3rd brake light install for '93 YJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 3rd brake light install for '93 YJ

ARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan KitsPoison Spyder DeFender Inner Fender KitsCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 10-10-2001, 11:56 AM   #1
gpers

3rd brake light install for '93 YJ

Can anyone help me with install instructions for adding a 3rd brake light on my '93 YJ. I bought one off of a 2000, but need to know mounting instructions and the where the wiring should go. Any help would be greatly appreciated! You are welcome to e-mail me with the response.
Thanks!
Greg

Unread 10-10-2001, 01:44 PM   #2
OhYeah

Hey Buddy,

Just curious, but why are you adding a 3rd brake light?

Peace,

O_O_O_O
o-I_ ___ _ I-o
(O IIIII O)
[_ O__O _ ]
{{}}}--o-{{{}}
{{}}} {{{}}
OoOoOoooOOOoOOO
(oO0O(oOo)0o0O0o()o
OhYeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2001, 07:24 AM   #3
gpers

I am wanting to increase visibility for my jeep as I live in a city and have been hit twice by people who say, "Oops, didn't see you..." My insurance guy suggested this as am option and I like the look of the 3rd light. I am hoping to get some wiring info. so that I can quickly mount it and hook it up. Thanks to anyone who can offer suggestions.
Greg
Unread 10-16-2001, 09:08 AM   #4
Atropine
2000 TJ Wrangler 

as for the wiring, not sure. But you should buy at least a 12 inch lift and some 44's. Then go buy a bumper sticker that reads " If you can read this, I can back over you". I'm sure your visibility will increase dramatically.
04' Dodge Ram

"Jeep mechanic wanted: must be able to put square peg in round hole"
Atropine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2001, 06:57 PM   #5
jeffy
1992 YJ Wrangler 

You're going to have to tap the light off the brake regular tail light harness. Personally, I wouldn't bother with it. I'd go with some 4" round recessed LED's. They are a lot brighter then anything else you use. Might consider adding a blinker box so the ligths flash rapidly before going solid. Lots of RiceBurners have them set up that way.
Unread 10-17-2001, 11:07 AM   #6
gpers

Thanks Guys,
I appreciate the input and have decided to get as much urban assault gear as possible to fend off other city drivers!! I did get the light hooked up through my trailer wiring and it works great! It does add visibility and actually looks much better! This is a great forum!!
Greg

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.