35x1250's on stock axles? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 35x1250's on stock axles?

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 04-25-2013, 01:00 AM   #16
sxysouthtx
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dake View Post
I have been runnig 35s on a Dana 35 for over 10 years I dont wheel it that hard just some trails and mud. It keep blowing the spider gears with 33s. Long story short the spider gears where chiped whan I opened it to do the 4.56s could not find any so I put in a lockright, back in 2000. Ran it as a DD till 2005 locked front and back. Im usually pretty lucky and did not give much thought till I joined this site. I plan on getting an 8.8 soon.
My soul is quivering in fear for you man. haha. I get nervous with my 33s. I can't imagine the general badassery that are 35s on my stock time bomb. Kudos to you for living in the danger zone. *insert Kenny Loggins here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwBbrngafl0

Unread 04-25-2013, 01:31 PM   #17
calvynandhobbs
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I've run 33s on a stock D35 and never had a problem, but I'm also a finesse driver and not heavy on the right foot. I was going to go to a 8.8 for my YJ build, but came across a smokin deal on a Super 35 with 4.88 gears and Detroit with the matching front D30 with 4.88 gears and Lockrite that were pulled from a YJ when the frame broke. For $400 for the set I couldn't pass it up.
Unread 04-26-2013, 07:18 PM   #18
lutzke21

1994 YJ Wrangler 

I drove 33x13.5 for a few years, until my pinion sheared...

Like our government says, never waste a good tragedy. I got an 8.8 and went up to 35s.

I knew it would be inevitable, so I was ready when it was going to happen. Also, I cannot see spending ANY money on a Dana35. Even after super-ing it, truss-ing it, etc. etc. You still have a Dana35. My 8.8 was less than $750 installed (without a locker) and is stronger than a Dana44.

AND it looks sexy as hell.

'94 YJ on 35s

JULY 2013 YJOTM
lutzke21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2013, 06:08 AM   #19
calvynandhobbs
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I knew it would be inevitable, so I was ready when it was going to happen. Also, I cannot see spending ANY money on a Dana35. Even after super-ing it, truss-ing it, etc. etc. You still have a Dana35. My 8.8 was less than $750 installed (without a locker) and is stronger than a Dana44
I completely agree. I'm still planning a 8.8 or fullsize axle swap in the future since I still have a D35, even if it is a Super 35. I just couldn't pass up a pair of axles with 4.88 gears and lockers for $400, ready to bolt in. I'm not going bigger than 35s so hopefully it will last for a little while.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.