35x1250's on stock axles? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 35x1250's on stock axles?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectThanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O

Unread 04-25-2013, 02:00 AM   #16
sxysouthtx
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dake View Post
I have been runnig 35s on a Dana 35 for over 10 years I dont wheel it that hard just some trails and mud. It keep blowing the spider gears with 33s. Long story short the spider gears where chiped whan I opened it to do the 4.56s could not find any so I put in a lockright, back in 2000. Ran it as a DD till 2005 locked front and back. Im usually pretty lucky and did not give much thought till I joined this site. I plan on getting an 8.8 soon.
My soul is quivering in fear for you man. haha. I get nervous with my 33s. I can't imagine the general badassery that are 35s on my stock time bomb. Kudos to you for living in the danger zone. *insert Kenny Loggins here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwBbrngafl0

Unread 04-25-2013, 02:31 PM   #17
calvynandhobbs
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I've run 33s on a stock D35 and never had a problem, but I'm also a finesse driver and not heavy on the right foot. I was going to go to a 8.8 for my YJ build, but came across a smokin deal on a Super 35 with 4.88 gears and Detroit with the matching front D30 with 4.88 gears and Lockrite that were pulled from a YJ when the frame broke. For $400 for the set I couldn't pass it up.
Unread 04-26-2013, 08:18 PM   #18
lutzke21

1994 YJ Wrangler 

I drove 33x13.5 for a few years, until my pinion sheared...

Like our government says, never waste a good tragedy. I got an 8.8 and went up to 35s.

I knew it would be inevitable, so I was ready when it was going to happen. Also, I cannot see spending ANY money on a Dana35. Even after super-ing it, truss-ing it, etc. etc. You still have a Dana35. My 8.8 was less than $750 installed (without a locker) and is stronger than a Dana44.

AND it looks sexy as hell.

'94 YJ on 35s

Sept '14 YJOTM
July '13 YJOTM
lutzke21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2013, 07:08 AM   #19
calvynandhobbs
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I knew it would be inevitable, so I was ready when it was going to happen. Also, I cannot see spending ANY money on a Dana35. Even after super-ing it, truss-ing it, etc. etc. You still have a Dana35. My 8.8 was less than $750 installed (without a locker) and is stronger than a Dana44
I completely agree. I'm still planning a 8.8 or fullsize axle swap in the future since I still have a D35, even if it is a Super 35. I just couldn't pass up a pair of axles with 4.88 gears and lockers for $400, ready to bolt in. I'm not going bigger than 35s so hopefully it will last for a little while.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.