$3500, reasonable things to do? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > $3500, reasonable things to do?

The NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 05-09-2002, 09:08 PM   #1
93ProCompYJ

$3500, reasonable things to do?

So, I come into $3500 next week hopefully, and I'm looking into some things to do to my Jeep. My primary concern right now is getting off these ****ty stock wheel/tires, and getting lifted with some more meat under me

I'd like a moderately conservative lift (no SOA ****...maybe a Rubicon 4.5"?), decent sound system (I don't even have a sound bar yet )

So help me out...with a Rubicon lift, where do I get an SYE and new CV driveshaft? How much will they cost? What tires/wheel should I go with?

My jeep is black, w/gray soft top

93ProCompYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2002, 05:54 AM   #2
StumpJumper

You don't have to get the SYE for just a 4.5" lift. If you do get it, 4wd or Quadratec has em. Plan on another $1K for the parts. As far as wheels and tires. You need to tell us what you want to do with it. Daily driver? Mud? Rocks?
Unread 05-10-2002, 09:16 AM   #3
gojurick

I'm putting on the RE 4.5" and picked up an AA SYE and Tom Woods driveshaft for $550 from Tom Woods. If you feel mechanical, do it yourself, or get it all installed for about 2k including the parts. Don't pay more than $850 for the lift, RE will give you that price.

HTH
gojurick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2002, 01:15 PM   #4
93ProCompYJ

sorry guys, I should have been more specific...

I drive the thing Daily, so daily-driver status is kinda needed, however I also drive it to the lake on a weekly basis...and I'd like to take it mudding and whatnot. Mud is the primary, and rock crawling is 3rd, after daily
93ProCompYJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.