350 swap. the time is near - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 350 swap. the time is near

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 10-09-2012, 08:08 PM   #46
yjtyler
1995 YJ Wrangler 

im not even sure what it cost to have the d shafts cut/lengthened, i sent them out thru my work and havent got a bill yet. for the front shaft i used the chevy rear half and the shop slid the front jeep section onto the chevy section. i did this for a couple reasons. 1 i didnt want to have to change the yoke for bigger u joint on the dana 30 because in the future a 44 is going in. 2 the chevy shaft is about 1 1/2 times bigger around than the jeep one. 3 the rear of the shaft is a 1330 joint and didnt want to buy a new u joint or flange to bolt to t case.

yjtyler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2012, 08:20 PM   #47
yjtyler
1995 YJ Wrangler 

also just remembered from a pic at the top of the page... WARNING if u have a front axle disconnect like mine, if ur working under the dash remember it is there. it does not feel good smashing into ur eye!! i bruised the corner of my eye and swore like a sailor the other night. just some humor for u guys
Unread 10-09-2012, 08:29 PM   #48
Tylerzap
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Awesome

1988 Jeep Comanche 4x4 Longbed - POS
Tylerzap is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2012, 02:59 AM   #49
rcn11thacr
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Exhaust routing fyi:
My 89 yj has block huggers with true dual exhaust and it works well. Should do the same for yours. I like the way the guages turn so u can see them better, the dash pods look nice.
rcn11thacr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2012, 07:43 AM   #50
USMCBuckWild
1991 YJ Wrangler 

My 91 has Hedman Hedders with 2 1/2" collectors, 2 1/2" pipe series 44 flowmasters and exit just in front of the rear shackles. True dual the whole way and tucked up nicelay inside the frame. Should be pretty easy for you, doesn't interfere with anything.
USMCBuckWild is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2012, 08:18 AM   #51
snail81
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCBuckWild View Post
My 91 has Hedman Hedders with 2 1/2" collectors, 2 1/2" pipe series 44 flowmasters and exit just in front of the rear shackles. True dual the whole way and tucked up nicelay inside the frame. Should be pretty easy for you, doesn't interfere with anything.
Hey can you post some pics? thanks
snail81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2012, 04:29 PM   #52
yjtyler
1995 YJ Wrangler 

The more i looked at it tonight i am thinking duals will be easier. Yes can u post some pics of how ur exhaust is run so i can get some ideas.
Unread 10-10-2012, 06:41 PM   #53
USMCBuckWild
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I sent pics. Feel free to post the pics of the abortion in my driveway commonly refered to as my Jeep.
Unread 10-10-2012, 07:36 PM   #54
yjtyler
1995 YJ Wrangler 

ok i got my oil filter put on finally(i know big job) i finished up the fuel lines and got all the vacuum lines routed. i got this nice heat covering for the fuel lines, it should keep them protected. im getting closer one step at a time tomorrow night i am going to start putting the wiring harness on.
fuel-line-wraped.jpg   wiring-harness.jpg  
Unread 10-10-2012, 07:48 PM   #55
YJames90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

As I found out you have to heat shield the exhaust to not over heat the tranmission. I run duels and they are awesome

My 2.5 to 4.3 swap thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/4...begun-1237704/
YJames90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2012, 07:25 PM   #56
yjtyler
1995 YJ Wrangler 

ok got the wiring harness in and hooked up to the engine. im having troubles with were to mount the ecm tho. i cannot find a good spot!! where are u guys ecm mounted??
Unread 10-12-2012, 09:09 PM   #57
yjtyler
1995 YJ Wrangler 

ok got some more done tonight. i tore the pita glove box out yet again!! and put the ecm in there. its a nice hiding spot for it. also got the plug wires on with the heat boots. i hope the headers dont melt the wires. also cleaned up some wires that were attached to the battery with a power bus.
ecm-dash.jpg   power-bus.jpg  
Unread 10-13-2012, 11:32 AM   #58
yjtyler
1995 YJ Wrangler 

well im not a very happy camper at the moment.. i hooked up some more wires this morning that are necessary to run the engine. my plan was to start it for a few sec. just to here her run!!! i hooked the battery up and didnt small any burning wires so i was happy about that, turned my radio on and it worked, turned the lights on and they worked. i thought things were going good so i turned the key to the run position and instantly smelt gas! i looked out at the throttle body and it was soaked. so i blew it off with the air gun and this time watched when i turned the key. to my surprise gas was literally flowing out of the entire throttle body!! : i was fuming. so i tore the tbi unit apart on the bench. ( side note when i bought the engine the guy said he just rebuilt the tb, what a lieing POS!!!) this is what the gasket looked like when i tore it apart, the black is the gasket... guess my next step is to rebuild the tb.
tbi-gasket.jpg   throttle-body.jpg  
Unread 10-13-2012, 11:50 AM   #59
snail81
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I know exactly what you mean. When I bought my 5.3 the pos told me "it ran good" liar
snail81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-13-2012, 11:56 AM   #60
USMCBuckWild
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I never trust what other people say unless they can prove it. Sorry to hear about your misfortune, but at least its. Pretty cheap fix, not an entire engine or a bad trans.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.