JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   YJ Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/)
-   -   350 swap. the time is near (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/350-swap-time-near-1406658/)

yjtyler 08-17-2012 06:49 PM

350 swap. the time is near

2 Attachment(s)
well everyone as the title says, i am getting close to swaping in the 355.:2thumbsup: i have almost all the major parts. the only thing im waiting on is i have to swap a dana 60 in a friends truck. the rear went out of it and it is in my bay. anyway the sye is a jb conversions super short sye on a np241 transfer case. the tranny is a nv3500 5 speed behind a 355 tbi sbc. i just got the flywheel resurfaced and put a new ring gear on it. also installed a new clutch. im glad i got the tranny and transfer case for free because stuff is EXPENSIVE!!!

yjtyler 08-17-2012 09:07 PM

when i installed the sye i have a lot of play to the front output. i tore it back apart and traced it to the syncro. i dont care for the slop but im going to run it anyway. when others installed their sye, do u have this play too?

yjtyler 09-21-2012 04:34 AM

Well the swap has officially started. Last night got the fluids drained pulled the rad and am getting ready to pull the grill. It is amazing how much room their is between the 4 angry squirrels and the grill/rad with the shroud and all out!!

SurferJ 09-21-2012 05:28 AM

Subscribed!

yjtyler 09-21-2012 05:45 AM

I will post up some pics tonight. My computer crashed last night also, so i couldn't post any then

yjtyler 09-21-2012 06:19 PM

4 Attachment(s)
well it has officially started, no turning back now! i do not plan on doing a how-to thread just some pics along the way.
this was from last night
1. my jeep looks soo naked without the stinger and warn!!
2-3. there is a ton of room in the engine bay with the 4 angry squirrels.
4. this is what i have got done so far tonight.. going back to the garage right after this post :2thumbsup:
i will post some more later. cuz im gonna be busy this weekend!

ltrail 09-21-2012 06:28 PM

Its on! Happy to see this happening!

yjtyler 09-21-2012 09:48 PM

well didnt get that much more done tonight. pulled the entire exhaust, power steering res( both lines were frozen in the steering box so they are junk) dropped the trans case, and started to take loom off of wires. i only need a few wires but dont want to screw up and cut some wires i need. tomorrow i should be able to pull the engine and trans and start either ripping the dash apart or cutting the old mounts out. which ever i feel like doing first!

yjtyler 09-22-2012 02:38 PM

There are so many wires!!! Got the engine pulled this morning, now trying to sort through some of the wires that i need to keep. I am deleting sensors first to try to narrow things down. Will post some more pics either tonight or tomorrow.

yjtyler 09-23-2012 07:56 PM

5 Attachment(s)
ok everyone big update!! i will go in order.
1,2- the old engine is out!
3,4,5- this is all the body wiring, anything that was connected to the ecm cut cut and taken out!!
there are still a ton of wires in the harness for the factory gauges that i didnt want to cut out in fear of cutting wires that i will need.

yjtyler 09-23-2012 08:04 PM

6 Attachment(s)
1- took a while to clean the frame up nice
2- this was the first time the monster was slid into its new home!
3,4- this is where the new mounts ended up being they are just tacked in these pics
5,6- the engine is finally sitting in there on its own!!! :2thumbsup:

yjtyler 09-23-2012 08:21 PM

3 Attachment(s)
i have to do some real work to the skid plate!! the t case hangs below the skid right now and the front output is below the front of the skid. we are going to put an inch block between the trans and skid to raise the trans up and if that isn't enough we will lower the skid 1/2 inch. also i have to take the oil cooler adapter off the top of the filter because right now the drive shaft would hit the filter. if all these mods to the skid don't work, i guess i will have to fab a custom skid up.

yjtyler 09-24-2012 10:25 AM

Got the block hugger headers bolted up this morning. What a pita!!! Maybe i should have spend a little more and bought a good set.. O well,i will see how long it takes for these to burn out.

cstone94 09-24-2012 10:52 AM

Subscribed, Good luck!

ltrail 09-24-2012 03:58 PM

Get a remote mount filter adapter or 4wd filter adapter. The remote will allow you to place it wherever is best for you and the 4wd SBC one will turn the filter 90* so it screw on from the front. Both are cheap, last I bought the remote setup it was like $53 .

Clocking ring should help the saggy tcase

The time now is 04:36 AM.