350 swap prices - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 350 swap prices

WJ Tube Doors Now Available!*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 05-14-2001, 04:57 PM   #1
RockJeep
SirRocks'A'Lot

350 swap prices

My brother wants to swap either a 4.3 vortec or a 350 into his 88 yj. For those who have done either swap approx. how much did it cost minus cost of engine or other mods like bigger axles, trans, tires etc.
thanks
bob

Unread 05-14-2001, 10:44 PM   #2
Soup

I am currently doing this right now. I'm putting a 350 into my 89. So far I've had to spend about 3000 for all of the parts. Just about everything under the hood is new or reconditioned. It was a bit more than I wanted to spend but it was either that or buy a new jeep (I blew one of the pistons in my old 258). Incidentely, it is still cheaper than what the local dealership wanted. They wanted 3500 to put a new 4.2 back in. Now I'm just hoping the crappy tranny that I have (Peugot) will hold out for a while till I have that replaced.
Soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2001, 01:15 AM   #3
FastEddie

I'm actually posting a V8 conversion package on the board in the "for sale" area right now, if I don't fall asleep...
FastEddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2001, 11:44 AM   #4
FastEddie

Posted it in the Swap Shop forum, FYI...
FastEddie is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.