350 guys or mechanics - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 350 guys or mechanics

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 04-21-2013, 09:38 AM   #16
youngjeepr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

If your choke isn't hooked up I would bet that's your problem. Is the choke flap open or closed when your engine is up to temp(180*-210)? I would reroute your fuel lines so you don't snag them on a rock or something. Does it get to the point where your motor will die and not start till it cools off?

Utah Jeep Crew

Build Thread
youngjeepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2013, 10:04 AM   #17
jsawduste
Web Wheeler
2006 YJ Wrangler 

Phil, when you replace the module in the HEI be sure to use the heat barrier gel/paste. Die electric grease is not the proper product. There should have been a packet of party gel with the module.
jsawduste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2013, 10:07 AM   #18
UZI4U
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Hook up your choke or set it wide open so it isn't closed when cold.
Unread 04-21-2013, 11:06 AM   #19
phil1330
1964 CJ5 

changed control module,vac advance, and coil. advanced timing and moved choke dial back one line. with all that being done the thing runs like a champ. Even feels like i have more power and throttle response. I have not done anything with the fuel lines yet.

But there is a resulting issue now the idle is really high on crank..drop it into gear idle is norm.
Unread 04-21-2013, 11:07 AM   #20
phil1330
1964 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsawduste View Post
Phil, when you replace the module in the HEI be sure to use the heat barrier gel/paste. Die electric grease is not the proper product. There should have been a packet of party gel with the module.
ALLLrightty then...I did not do this...I'm going back into the distributor. Thanks

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.