33" or 32" on a YJ stock - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 33" or 32" on a YJ stock

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsEnd of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!

Unread 02-04-2014, 09:22 PM   #16
antiserum221
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YJ475 View Post
It's also not a 1998 TJ. Can you fill out your profile a bit more, so we can offer constructive advice?
Yeah my bad, I didnt notice I hadn't updated my profile to reflect my newest jeep (Got hit on my old jeep and frame had rust issues so may it RIP)

antiserum221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2014, 09:25 PM   #17
antiserum221
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
Bingo. Stock springs are flat.
Thank you! I wasn't sure what stock springs looked like on a YJ since these springs were already on when I bought this one. My previous jeep was a tj so I had no prior knowledge about the mechanics of leaf springs. And didn't get much info from my mechanic since he was thinking about a body lift i guess when he told me it wasnt lifted.

It looked lifted to me though in comparison to other yjs on the road, but wasn't sure if it was taller due to the rims and tires.
antiserum221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2014, 10:37 PM   #18
DirtyYj91
1991 YJ Wrangler 

With 2" lift as it is obvious to most YJ owners, I would say go with Boomerang shackles for a bit more lift and then at most a 1" body lift (is my preference)
that should fit 33's just fine. With mine I had Inverted springs and wayyy too long shackles to get the 33's to fit.
Body lift or suspension lift are to clear tires to get ground clearance. If you are not afraid I ran into a guy that was running 35" tires on a stock TJ with only body mods like
high line fenders and completely stock suspension.
Center of gravity is always on my mind when lifting due to the different natures of the Ohio Terrain.
Unread 02-04-2014, 11:11 PM   #19
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Measure to the bottom of the rocker panels to estimate the actual lift height. I will help with the tire math.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.