32/36 Weber Question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 32/36 Weber Question

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDThe NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.com

Unread 04-02-2013, 11:15 AM   #1
bwood270
1988 YJ Wrangler 

32/36 Weber Question

just installed this weekend and hands down best decision i ever made. Runs like bat out of hell in gears 1 thru 3 but falls on face in gears 4 and 5??? Vacumne advance diaphram was bad and just picked it up, will it make a difference? Idle and 1 thru 3 are awesome!?

bwood270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 02:05 PM   #2
89yjken
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Had a similar problem with my weber. My fuel pump was weak and getting into fourth and fifth gear I was running out of fuel in the bowl. I moved to an electric rotary fuel pump and my problems went away. Make sure that with the weber you have a fuel pressure regulator in line. it really makes a difference in getting it set up and running correctly. hope this helps. there may be other reasons as well. good luck.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.