32/36 Issues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 32/36 Issues

Jeep Liberty Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontSAVE BIG: Christmas in July Sale!Jeep Liberty Window Regulator

Unread 06-05-2011, 11:46 AM   #1
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

32/36 Issues

I put on a Weber 32/36 bcuz my carter seized up and I followed all the instructions and its all together and on the Jeep but Ive tried 2 pressure regulators and can't get the vehicle to start with either on the line. Ive tried spectre and mr gasket. All it does is crank and push fluid but wont start. As soon as I take the regulator out of the line it starts. The regulators are both pushing fluid through when I crank with the hose taken off.

Also the carb wont idle lower than 1,000RPM even once hot and adjusting the settings isn't doing anything for me this is my only potentially driveable vehicle at the moment as my grand cherokee is down for repairs since its coolant is exploding out everywhere from the block.

Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Delta347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2011, 12:27 PM   #2
Tompatt
1987 YJ Wrangler 

have you done the nutter? also I would just take off the regulator for now.
Tompatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2011, 02:31 PM   #3
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

It's nuttered. I took off the regulator and it's still idling at 1000 minimum and now that little box on the firewall under the battery is melting wires when it starts.

My iPhone will poison your Android.
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Delta347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2011, 03:07 PM   #4
Tompatt
1987 YJ Wrangler 

take a look through this thread, look at post #6. You need to tune your weber just a bit. read the last diagram in the 6th post. should help with getting familiar with tuning.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/c...-36-a-1040957/
Tompatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2011, 04:08 PM   #5
fatladyvalkyrie
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta347 View Post
It's nuttered. I took off the regulator and it's still idling at 1000 minimum and now that little box on the firewall under the battery is melting wires when it starts.

My iPhone will poison your Android.
I have not done the nutter on mine. I just put the Weber on a couple months ago and haven't done much with it besides drive around the yard and to the street corner and back. I have a high idle, about 1300 RPM. I assume I'm sucking air somewhere.

Your post caught my eye as my fusible link just melted. I'm guessing that's what melted on yours. Have you made any progress?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.