318 in a 90 YJ - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 318 in a 90 YJ

The NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 04-21-2010, 01:03 AM   #16
airdevil85
1994 YJ Wrangler 

suscribe lol... let us know what ya decide and ho it comes out... btw has anyone used the 47 v8 out of a dakota in a yj?

- "Its been a while since something broke on your truck"
airdevil85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2010, 12:28 PM   #17
mark12010
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
have a 318(out of a 78 dodge pick up) in my 87 yj thats bolted to the tf999 and stock transfer case dont know if theres any adapters cause i didnt do the swap. but it looks like its just bolted right to the tranny. Ill probably find out when i pull the engine to freshen it up a bit. definatly has good power though even though its just a 2 barrel carb, was looking around for a intake and 4 barrel to swap it out but money is very limited seeing how im planning on rebuilding the rear end or doing an axle swap.
It looks like its the stock radiator but i dont know if they came in 3 row but its cooling exept for the fact that it leaks. bottem casting on rad needs to be moved to the other side of the radiator though.
Have you found out if there are any adaptors between your 318 and your
tf999? do you have any pics? of the engine bay as well as the underside of the jeep where the motor and tranny mate up?
Thanks
Mark
Unread 05-06-2010, 02:59 PM   #18
fitbmxseries1
1987 YJ Wrangler 

heres the best shot i could do with my cell phone and ina dark garage. starter is on the right oil pan is on the top left. ill get some good pics when i get it on a lift and my digital camera.
fitbmxseries1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2010, 04:37 PM   #19
T-WOLF2010
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Um, this isnt anything to even be concerned with. All dodge autos had drivers side drop t-cases, even the 1941 WC21(weapons carrier half ton) my boss owns lol!
my '76 dodge w100 powerwagon has a 318, 727 with a passenger side drop t-case fyi
T-WOLF2010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.