3 Inch Body Lift Removal - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 3 Inch Body Lift Removal

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 07-14-2013, 08:51 PM   #31
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegacab View Post
Just did a search for single body mounts and someone said try junkyards, good idea I'll have to check them out.
You may be able to contact daystar directly and see if they would be willing to sell you a.single. Also, you can try asking in the yj section. Someone may have stock mounts.floating around their parts pile they would be willing to let go of.

Cheers

Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2013, 09:12 PM   #32
omegacab
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Good idea I'll have to do that.
Thanks
BTW Sparrows your Jeep looks awesome
Unread 07-16-2013, 11:55 AM   #33
Stow
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegacab View Post
The directions told me to torque the new ones to 30-35 foot pounds.
Thanks for the info.
Stow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2013, 12:03 PM   #34
Rproject
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

I pulled my 3" BL last year. Missed the two under the middle of the body at first. DOH! I put mine on a band saw and cut them in half to make a 1.5" lift. As for the radiator. The "radiator relocation kit" that was on mine was basically two pieces of flat steel with holes drilled into them and pinch bolts (that's what I call the bolts with the teeth below the head). I put a nut on the end of the bolt, tapped each bolt out and drilled new holes exactly between the existing holes. Since I was going from 3" to 1.5", the math was easy. Drilled the new holes, pushed the bolts into the new holes and remounted the relocation "brackets". Relocated the radiator exactly 1.5", which is where it needs to be in relation to the fan. Stock height would have been off center of the fan.

The only problem, other than my stupidity of missing two locations, was the steering shaft. Mine was frozen and I didn't realize it until it shoved itself into the steering gear box and blew all the seals causing me to get a new box.

The "sideways" build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/r...hread-2164793/
Rproject is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2013, 11:05 PM   #35
omegacab
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rproject View Post
I pulled my 3" BL last year. Missed the two under the middle of the body at first. DOH! I put mine on a band saw and cut them in half to make a 1.5" lift. As for the radiator. The "radiator relocation kit" that was on mine was basically two pieces of flat steel with holes drilled into them and pinch bolts (that's what I call the bolts with the teeth below the head). I put a nut on the end of the bolt, tapped each bolt out and drilled new holes exactly between the existing holes. Since I was going from 3" to 1.5", the math was easy. Drilled the new holes, pushed the bolts into the new holes and remounted the relocation "brackets". Relocated the radiator exactly 1.5", which is where it needs to be in relation to the fan. Stock height would have been off center of the fan.

The only problem, other than my stupidity of missing two locations, was the steering shaft. Mine was frozen and I didn't realize it until it shoved itself into the steering gear box and blew all the seals causing me to get a new box.
I actually did that today drilled them at 1.5" too. It drives really good, goes in all gears and 4 wheel drive. What happened to your steering shaft was that something that happened from lowering it?
Unread 07-16-2013, 11:12 PM   #36
omegacab
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Took the Jeep out today to make sure everything worked good and nothing was wrong, took it on a little trail behind my parents neighborhood. Here is a Pic

Also was the first time i took it off road handled really well, reminded me of what I've been missing since I sold my last YJ.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.