3.5 BDS + 5/8" shackle = too much? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 07-20-2004, 09:53 PM Thread Starter
YJfrom94

3.5 BDS + 5/8" shackle = too much?

I bought my 94 YJ just a few weeks ago, and the other day I had it out wheeling for the first time. It wasn't anything special, just a little mudding on a friends farm. The last owner installed a 3.5" BDS lift on it. When wheeling for the first time, I noticed a loud clunking in the back. I checked what it was and sure enough, the military wrap on the springs was hitting the frame. Now, I'm thinking about getting the 5/8" M.O.R.E. boomerang shackles all around.

My question is, can I still run without an SYE and CV driveshaft if I have that much lift? I haven't noticed any vibrations, unless they are there and I just don't know what to look for. Money is kind of tight right now and I definitly do not have recources to do a SYE. Any suggestions?

Also, the transfer case popped out of 4 HI once on the trail. I put it back and it seemed to stay fine. I'm not sure why, any ideas?

94 YJ 4.0 HO/AX-15
3.5" BDS lift, 33" BFG Mud terrains
So much more to do, so little money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-21-2004, 08:02 AM
Protoxis

that is the Same setup I am running With the Boomerangs all the way around. I do not run a SYE kit and just use the 1 inch t-case drop the only Vibes I get are at about 70mph down the highway and even then they are not that bad (if i did not know any better i would say they are my M/Ts). The jeep is also my daily driver and has been that way for about 1yr. I wheel it regularly HOWEVER I will be getting a SYE this Year with my X-mass Bonus. I would recommend that a SYE should be your next mod when you get the cash
post #3 of 4 Old 07-21-2004, 08:37 AM
johnny1720

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I also have 1 inch lift shackles and I get sever rubbing on my rear wheel wells when I go offroad.

Do either of you have this problem. I am going to be getting TJ flares soon enough but I am still curious, I have already replaced the rear springs with 5 leaf packs as opposed to the 4 leafs they sent me.

johnny

04 TJ
Warn 9.5ti, Tomken Winch Plate
Rusty's 2 Inch Coil Lift, JKS 1 1/4" BL and MML
LOD Swing Away Tire Carrier
B&M Short Throw, Rear Alloy USA Axle Shafts
33x10.5x15 BFG AT's

post #4 of 4 Old 07-21-2004, 08:44 AM
Protoxis

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny1720
I also have 1 inch lift shackles and I get sever rubbing on my rear wheel wells when I go offroad.

Do either of you have this problem. I am going to be getting TJ flares soon enough but I am still curious, I have already replaced the rear springs with 5 leaf packs as opposed to the 4 leafs they sent me.

johnny
I did but i cut the Rear at a Angle and it took care of that problem i dont like BL's When i got the Jeep it had a 1 inch Shackle lift on it and it the would hit to many things so i put the Boomrange's on
it fixed that it also flexs better and rides better IMO

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.