2150 or 2100 Carb Jet Size - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 2150 or 2100 Carb Jet Size

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 04-30-2007, 09:05 PM   #1
Alabamaranger
1990 YJ Wrangler 

2150 or 2100 Carb Jet Size

Can anyone tell me what jet size they have on their 2150 or 2100 on their 258 6 banger? Not sure what mine are yet but it will not idle under 1000 RPM unless I run the fuel / air mixture in some. I checked for air leaks but could not find any.

Alabamaranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2007, 07:02 AM   #2
samahi72

I was told that 48's work best at sea level. There are actually two circuits to a carb. You have an idle circuit and a power circuit. The idle circuit is adjusted by the idle mixture screws. The power circuit is for higher rpms and the gas then goes through the jets. I am not sure what your problem is, but if you suspect a vacuum leak you can spray carb cleaner around the base of the carb and vacuum lines and then listen for the engine hesitating. That will help you identify any vacuum leak. Good luck to you.
samahi72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.