Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

2017 /F12 Moab Trip Thread

7K views 186 replies 25 participants last post by  AZdEvilYJ 
#1 ·
It's time to start planning the next one! @AZdEvilYJ needs some dates ASAP so he can put in for time off. May is a good month, it is warm by then but not too hot. I am thinking the 3rd weekend sounds good as it lands between Mother's Day and Memorial Day but the California fellas are planning their trip at the end of April into the first week of may. I am fairly flexible.

#2 ·
#3 ·
Like always set a date and I will try and make it. This year will be tough I've got a few things coming up I can't miss, plus been having some troubles with my knee when I sit in a car for long periods of time ( 14 hr drive from MT to moab) my leg goes numb from the knee down, docs are still trying to figure it out. Pinched nerve in my knee and surgery may make it worse. So until I know what's going on I can't commit to anything.

#4 ·
For now it sounds like we are planning April/May.

Like usual we will probably get a vacation rental. It worked out pretty well last time doing a 3 bedroom.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

#5 ·
For now it sounds like we are planning April/May.

Like usual we will probably get a vacation rental. It worked out pretty well last time doing a 3 bedroom.

My offroad club will be up there April 1-9

#7 ·
Our group will be up there at the end of April/ beginning of May.

http://www.norcaljeepers.co/index.php?topic=2179.0
So...

After I posted this here, we found a little glitch in the security of our forum. It turns out that guests could sign up for the trip, without ever registering. Well that has been remedied. If someone here signed up, you have been eliminated from the sign up sheet. If you really want to go with us, registration is free, and there are no dues whatsoever. Any member can sign up and post if they want to.

Sorry for the hijack Randon.:cheers2:

#8 ·
My offroad club will be up there April 1-9
I'll let you know if we end up going that early :cheers2:

I'll be in Florida April 27-May 2. If it's another weekend, I'll plan to make it out, if not, I'll have to wait until next year.
Costa Rica last year, Florida this year... :gunfight:

So...

After I posted this here, we found a little glitch in the security of our forum. It turns out that guests could sign up for the trip, without ever registering. Well that has been remedied. If someone here signed up, you have been eliminated from the sign up sheet. If you really want to go with us, registration is free, and there are no dues whatsoever. Any member can sign up and post if they want to.

Sorry for the hijack Randon.:cheers2:
No problem :cheers2: Looking forward to meeting up with you guys, if it all works out.

#9 ·
No problem :cheers2: Looking forward to meeting up with you guys, if it all works out.
The only way that I'll be there, is if someones co-pilot bails on them. I don't have a tow rig, and there's no way I would drive the Jeep that far. But Timatoe and a few others will be there.

#10 ·
@Mr.B oh, well that sucks. Would be cool if you could make it.

#11 ·
Costa Rica last year, Florida this year... :gunfight:
I know, I know. This florida trip is gonna end up being a yearly thing most likely. So like I said, if its any other weekend, Ill plan to be there. I guess I will wait and see what dates are chosen... :dunno:

#12 ·
The only way that I'll be there, is if someones co-pilot bails on them. I don't have a tow rig, and there's no way I would drive the Jeep that far. But Timatoe and a few others will be there.
Did Randy get a co-pilot? I don't have one either, and Randy wants to do Moab Rim again, so you can ride along to ballast that passenger side on the descent.

#13 ·
Did Randy get a co-pilot? I don't have one either, and Randy wants to do Moab Rim again, so you can ride along to ballast that passenger side on the descent.
It'll probably be a last minute thing.

Haha. No way, I'll just take videos of you guys going over the cliff.:p

#14 ·
So is there a definitive date set yet? And if so, did you reserve your rental?

#15 ·
@Mr.B It is looking like April 27th-30th for me. I think everyone has been planning on the last weekend in April. There hasn't been a lot of feedback in this thread though.

Edit: No I haven't reserved my rental. I will probably look at doing that here soon, I just wanted to make sure we had it nailed down.

#16 ·
It sounds like its time to start making some noise.:wolverine:

#17 ·
well it looks like that is a work weekend for me. The weekend before or after would be better. I'm going to see what I have as far as vacation time. But I should be able to make it. This year lets lock down a place that everyone is staying. I would like to have the entire group together if that's possible.

So the Norcal group that's going, what are your plans on lodging? if someone is getting a rental we should probably get the info and find out if its been locked in.

We stayed at kens lake and that was a pretty sight. but there are also some other campgrounds with showers and what not.

#18 ·
The Norcaljeepers always stay at Kens Lake. They've already reserved the group site. And right now, there are more going than can fit in that site. So there will be some spill over into the first come sites. There is another group site. But it is set up with a horse pen, so I don't know how great that would be. And I don't know if its been reserved or not.

#19 ·
The Norcaljeepers always stay at Kens Lake. They've already reserved the group site. And right now, there are more going than can fit in that site. So there will be some spill over into the first come sites. There is another group site. But it is set up with a horse pen, so I don't know how great that would be. And I don't know if its been reserved or not.
Good to know. In the past, it's been tough getting going because people were spread out throughout moab. But I will for sure be at Ken's lake if that's where the majority will be.

#20 ·
Good to know. In the past, it's been tough getting going because people were spread out throughout moab. But I will for sure be at Ken's lake if that's where the majority will be.
Just to clarify, the NorcalJeepers is a separate group, going up around the same time. Here's a link to our forum thread: http://www.norcaljeepers.co/index.php?topic=2179.0

If you want to wheel with them, I'm sure they will have no problem with that. Just sign up on the forum and let them know. They're pretty organized. They've been doing it for the last 6 years now. You'll probably see some familiar names on there.:highfive:

#22 ·
Just to clarify, the NorcalJeepers is a separate group, going up around the same time. Here's a link to our forum thread: http://www.norcaljeepers.co/index.php?topic=2179.0

If you want to wheel with them, I'm sure they will have no problem with that. Just sign up on the forum and let them know. They're pretty organized. They've been doing it for the last 6 years now. You'll probably see some familiar names on there.
Maybe wheel with them maybe not, it would just be nice to have a ton of jeepers in the same place.

#23 ·
@tecksjeep @jmart2119 I asked for input when I started the thread and nobody chimed in. @AZdEvilYJ needed a date ASAP to put in for the time off. Sorry guys.

#24 ·
#25 ·
@Mr.B It is looking like April 27th-30th for me. I think everyone has been planning on the last weekend in April. There hasn't been a lot of feedback in this thread though.
Sounds like we'll miss ya by a day or 2 again... same as last year. :eek: Yes, I'm in with the NorCal group. We'll prolly be pulling in on the 30th. and going thru the following week. 4-30 thru 5-6. Bummer unless something changes.

#26 ·
My time off pretty much revolves around the weekend. @RockWoRM I didn't realize that you guys would be rolling in/ out over the weekends and wheeling throughout the week.
@jmart2119 We can try to push it to the next weekend so that maybe we can catch the NorCal guys for a day or 2.
@AZdEvilYJ can you guys try to change your time off request or is it set in stone?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.