2011 YJ of the Year Winner is JSAWDUSTE! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 2011 YJ of the Year Winner is JSAWDUSTE!

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Closed Thread
Unread 01-03-2012, 10:20 PM   #1
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

2011 YJ of the Year Winner is JSAWDUSTE!

Happy New Year All! I'm happy to announce that jsawduste is our YJ of the Year! All the hard work has paid off for him and for the first time in a couple years we actually have someone we can call the yj of the year. A big congrats to him and all the Yjotm winners for not only all their hard work on their own jeeps but for sharing their knowledge with us little guys!

Here is a little synopsis of the rig that won it all for 2011:
This YJ was a ground up build. That is no specific donor vehicle was used to to start with..Parts were secured based on need, condition and availability.. For the example the tub came from rust free Arizona. The frame from Georgia and so on.

List or parts/modifications.
1. Engine
Started out as a 93 4.0. Features a 4.2 12 cwt crank. Eagle rods. Custom zero deck pistons from Diamond Racing that give a static compression or 10.3:1. Hesco 270/480 can advanced 4*. Ported head with stock size valves and Chevy valve springs. Roller Rockers from Mopar. 24 lb injectors fed by an adjustable fuel pressure gauge. Edebrock header into a stainless steel exhaust..DUI ignition system. Hi flow water pump and three row radiator. Fed with a high volume oil pump and Brad Penn oil. Fully balanced and blue printed.

2. Transmission and transfercase.
Center-force dual friction clutch drives an NV4500HD from a Dodge diesel pickup. Transmission is coupled to an Atlas II with 3.8 gears. Flat belly skid and also an engine skid plate that extends up to the harmonic balancer.

3. Axles
Front axle is a HP44 from a 78 3/4 ton Ford. Narrowed and the C`s rotated to correct for caster angle. Superior shafts are drive by a Detroit Locker and 5.13 gears. Hi steer with Reid Racing knuckles and NWF 4 bolt arms. LPW Girdle.

Rear axle is an 8.8 with Mark Williams billet main caps. Held in place with ARP studs. Ratech crush sleeve kit. A Detroit Locker and 5.13`s. Moser 31 spline chromo shafts and Ford 9 inch outer bearings. Ford SVO backing plates and disc/parking brake system. Full TNT truss. LPW girdle.

37 x 15 MT/R`s for street mounted on 10" beadlock wheels. 37 Maxxis CC`s also mounted on 10" Beadlocks for off-road.

4. Suspension
Custom Alcan SOA Zero lift springs. Front axle pushed out 3 inches. Same for the rear. Bilstein 5150 shocks on each corner. Greaseable shackles. Custom traction bar eliminates axle wrap. Currie Anti Rock Sway bar.

5. Body
Complete Speedliner bed coating 360* on tub, hood fenders etc.. Color tinted with blue with black accents. Satin gloss mixed into mixture to add some shine. TNT Crusher corners, sliders and front fenders.
Custom front and rear bumpers with a winch mounts and various accessory mounts.

6. Interior
Custom dash and Autometer gauge package. Full cage tied into the frame. LED lighting. MasterCraft seats with 5 point harnesses. Undien CB, Alpine, Polk handle the entertainment. Garmin 76CSX GPS tells me where to go.

7. Misc
Kilby On Board Air system. Full PSC ram assist steering system with cooler. Full hydroboost with an externally adjustable brake proportioning valve.Complete rewire from headlight to taillight. New connectors, wiring and the electrical architecture has changed dramatically from the factory.. Twin Optima Yellow tops powered by a 180 amp alternator. Warn 9500 winch. Piaa lighting x 4. Roundeyes conversion headlights with a 55w/130w rating. LED taillights.

8. Pictures

Unread 01-03-2012, 10:23 PM   #2
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

In addition to the title of YJ of the Year that you get to lug around for the next year (hopefully not longer) is a lifetime membership donated by Keith himself. I didn't announce that there was going to be a prize like this but I'm sneaky with memberships!

Please Crawl this thread and if you want, rate it too. The more exposure to the YJ contests, the better!

Congrats again, John!
Unread 01-03-2012, 10:26 PM   #3
dillonjm
30mm @ 70/sec

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Congrats Jsawduste, you have a really clean rig which has been one of my favorites on here for a while.

The off-road trailer is a nice touch too.

11 Ram 2500 - H&S tuned 6.7 Cummins (DD/Tow Rig)

05 Liberty Limited (Wife's): Minor mods, OME/JBA Suspension, 245 70/17 Duratracs
dillonjm is online now   Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2012, 10:26 PM   #4
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Congrats.

You deserve it

April 2012, May 2013, May 2014 YJ of the month
'92 vegas YJ is online now   Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2012, 10:30 PM   #5
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Congrats.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2012, 10:33 PM   #6
newyj
1995 YJ Wrangler 

nice work gotta love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[url]http://www.cityprofile.com[/url]

[url]http://www.pgh-offroad.com[/url]
newyj is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2012, 10:39 PM   #7
SnowYJ
1988 MJ Comanche 

You've done exactly what we all dream of man!
SnowYJ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2012, 10:43 PM   #8
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

I'd like to see some more pics!
Unread 01-03-2012, 11:18 PM   #9
oldtime_ironman
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Grats Jsawduste!
Reason why it got my vote, is that its one of the few and only jeeps I've seen that made me say, "this is exactly how I would do it!" Well, if I ever get the $$$ anyway... way to go!
oldtime_ironman is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2012, 11:28 PM   #10
ssyj94
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Congrats!! Now lets see some pics of it dirty
Unread 01-03-2012, 11:44 PM   #11
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Congrats on a job well done.
Joe Dillard is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2012, 11:55 PM   #12
scubamc
1991 YJ Wrangler 

scubamc is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2012, 04:14 AM   #13
jsawduste
Web Wheeler
2006 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for all the support and kind words.

To Nick for coordinating the YJOTM/Y contest and Keith for hosting JF.

It is truly a honor and privilege to be supported by the JF membership. Thank You very much.

Without the help of the many contributors to JF the building of my junk would not have been as successful. Truly a talented group of folks and friends.

This YJ is a labor of love and I try to maintain, upgrade and modify it on almost a daily basis. Even if that means something as simple as a bottle of oil that day.

It is also an evolving project. At this time the entertainment system and navigation equipment is being upgraded.

Future plans include upgrading the rear axle to a TruHi9 center with an aftermarket 9 inch axle housing. Raceline 17 inch beadlocks and Black Magic brakes.

Nick, you asked for a dirty picture Have to be honest and say I do not have many. A hard drive crash wiped out most all the pictures I had of any action shots. In defense I can offer up the trailer and the tow rig pictured in the background with the trailer pictures posted above.

Did find this one

Here is another with the CC`s mounted up. Poser shot.

Stroker, OBA, Hydroboost etc. Since this picture was taken the entire YJ has been rewired from front to back. The rat`s nest at the battery is cleaned up and an aux. power supply added in.

Our family uses the YJ for many activity's. Be it wheeling in the Midwest, camping trips to shuttling my daughters to soccer games.

The trailer pictured above has gone through a great deal of transformation. Different wheels, lighting, on board power, refrigeration and a complete overhead canopy. Like to think it supplements the looks and function of the YJ.

Back in 2007 I managed to flip the YJ end over and end and rolled it 2 1/2 times down a hill. Ending up on it`s roof. Driver error while climbing a steep hill with a big tree at the top. My 80 year old father whom was not harnessed in suffered some head trauma but made a full recovery. Despite the accident he still looks forward to wheeling and eagerly looks forward to the next trip. In fact we were just making plans for the WEROCK event in June. The Jeep Jambo and a trip to the Badlands.

Unfortunately some of the work done to the YJ had to be redone. But all is fine and I think it turned out better then it was before.

Again thanks to the JF wrecking crew and it is an honor to carry the colors.
jsawduste is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2012, 08:02 AM   #14
Poke
runtime error = 0

2015 YJ Wrangler 

Congrats on winning. Lotta top of the line parts on that!
Poke is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2012, 08:50 AM   #15
bikerdude
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Thank You for the extra pictures and write-up. The pride you take in your work really shows in your rig, that thing is great.
bikerdude is offline   Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.