2002 Ford Escape for scrap..... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 2002 Ford Escape for scrap.....

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 10-22-2013, 09:26 AM   #1
Eron
1993 YJ Wrangler 

2002 Ford Escape for scrap.....

Its wrecked. High miles, tranny going out. All kinds of issues with it. So i took the roof rack off and tossed it onto my hard top. Have to say i really like that.

Other than maybe some switches, what other things could i make use of off this thing before i have it towed. Not sure about AC compressor. If I would be able to use it for OBA. But i figure its going in the trash, i may as well grab what i can. And if you are in the NW Washington. I can toss you some parts for free if you like.

Eron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2013, 06:29 PM   #2
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eron View Post
Its wrecked. High miles, tranny going out. All kinds of issues with it. So i took the roof rack off and tossed it onto my hard top. Have to say i really like that.

Other than maybe some switches, what other things could i make use of off this thing before i have it towed. Not sure about AC compressor. If I would be able to use it for OBA. But i figure its going in the trash, i may as well grab what i can. And if you are in the NW Washington. I can toss you some parts for free if you like.
Have you thought about trying the seats?
ashland82391 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2013, 06:49 PM   #3
Apollo12227
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eron View Post
I always like the electronic rear view mirrors if it has it. Tells direction and temp, pretty spiffy for a YJ.

Also, I wanted to ask how you attached the roof rack to your hard top? Did you just bolt it on? How do you prevent leaks?
Apollo12227 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2013, 07:49 PM   #4
Eron
1993 YJ Wrangler 

@ashland82391 I thought about the seats. But the worn out ones in my Jeep are more comfortable.

@Apollo12227 As far as the roof rack. I drilled holes just big enough for the bolt. Then lubed it with 100% silicone. Went underneath and put 4" by about 4' rips of 3/16 aluminum inline with the frame of the rack. Not before adding more silicone in between the plate and roof. About 10 washers with more silicone and some locking nuts to finish it off. Must have done a good job as it has not leaked once. Once work down at the ship yard picks up for some winter work. I will add to the frame a little inside. Would be nice to have it support a little more weight. Works really well. Ive had my downhill bike on there and the top does fine. I would not suggest putting a lot of up there. But some camping gear will sure fit. Cant even hear it up there. As if that is a surprise......

Eron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.