2" lift question...street performance - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 2" lift question...street performance

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rock

Unread 05-06-2001, 12:08 PM   #1
SSJeep

2" lift question...street performance

Hello out there!...I have a '93 Wrangler used primarily for daily driver...CJ's the toy. My question is about a 2" suspension I'm about to have installed since the 31" tires I wanted have too little fender clearance. Does anyone know about "Big Dick" lifts?...this one got me the best price, and please tell me what this lift will do to street performance and gas mileage.

Thanks,
SSJeep

SSJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2001, 06:19 PM   #2
rayray

I have a couple buddies that ran BDS. They've never had anything bad to say about'em. Nice flex, and awsome warranty.

rayray
rayray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2001, 12:35 PM   #3
Tonka
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally posted by rayray:
I have a couple buddies that ran BDS. They've never had anything bad to say about'em. Nice flex, and awsome warranty.
you cant't beat the warranty, you break it, they buy it.
Tonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2001, 04:07 PM   #4
smithbuiltYJ

I just had the BDS 2" lift installed on my '95 YJ, I've had it on for a month, and think its awesome. I'm still waiting for the springs to settle(?) as it gave me a 3.5" lift! I also put on BDS shocks. Whole kit from Bob Supplee was $427 incl. shipping. I have Goodyear AT/S 31x10.5 on 15x7" stock rims. I haven't had a chance to go off road yet. The street ride is a little bumpier/stiffer. It didn't come with swaybar disconnects, and I think I'll need them for better articulation (next mod), otherwise kit was complete. Lifetime warranty can't be beat.
Happy Trails
Marshall
Unread 05-07-2001, 04:27 PM   #5
RatherBeJeeping

I've had a 2" BDS lift on my Jeep for 3-4 years now, along with some Trail Master SSV shocks. I got mine from Bob too, when I lived 10 minutes from his shop.
This lift hasn't sagged, gives a good ride, and flexes pretty well.
I removed my sway bar and rear track bar when I put it on.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.