2.5L power - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 2.5L power

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 09-28-2013, 07:47 PM   #1
tmaxxman80
1995 YJ Wrangler 

2.5L power

is there any way to get just a littel more power out of my 2.5L My jeep is running 31s and is a 5 speed don't know what gears are in it but really didn't want to get in to gearing it and one more ??? can i run a diff locker on the road don't know to much about them i know i would love to get them put in i hate my 2 wheel drive 4x4 lol

tmaxxman80 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2013, 07:51 PM   #2
jsawduste
Web Wheeler
2006 YJ Wrangler 

Move the IAT to the airbox. and modify the crank sensor for more timing.

I`ve shown this mod several times.
jsawduste is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-29-2013, 07:22 PM   #3
tmaxxman80
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsawduste View Post
Move the IAT to the airbox. and modify the crank sensor for more timing.

I`ve shown this mod several times.
hope i dont sound to dumb what what is IAT and were is it at
tmaxxman80 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2013, 06:22 AM   #4
bogleparsons
2013 JK Wrangler 

Intake Air Temperature sensor
Unread 09-30-2013, 06:29 AM   #5
JeeperDon
Patience, Grasshopper

1993 YJ Wrangler 

You are wasting your time and money. I've done about every little crap thing you could do to the 2.5 and none of it made a hill of beans to actually making the Jeep any different. You (and anyone else here) will tell yourself, "yeah, I can feel it!", but it's just not going to magically change your overall situation of low 100's HP pushing a 3500 lb box. I eventually went to 33" tires and the only change I made to make mine drivable again was re-gearing to 4.88 (you now have 4.10).

You want nice power, enough to push a modded Jeep? Swap the motor or buy a different Jeep.
Unread 10-01-2013, 06:46 AM   #6
mikes95YJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

i have a 2.5L with 35's. drive it down a freeway at 60mph everyday for 40 min. only thing i did has put a header on and we had the intake bored out. you can put a 4.0L throttle body on a 2.5. thats where i get my power from, also have a ford 8.8 and dana 30 which both have 4.88 gears
mikes95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2013, 09:14 AM   #7
Lemoore-on
1992 YJ Wrangler 

If you are not going to go any bigger in tire size the best thing you could do is re-gear to 4.56's. I ran the 4.10's & 31" tire combo for a couple of years. I re-geared to 4.88's and ran the 31's for a few months till I got the 33's.
It made a big difference.

Or you could go back to a stock sized tire...........

There is nothing you can do to that motor that will = the right gear/tire combo.

92YJ with some stuff done to it.
Lemoore-on is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.