2.5L no start when cold - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 2.5L no start when cold

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdGear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4

Unread 12-22-2013, 06:51 PM   #1
RH31379
1983 CJ7 

2.5L no start when cold

I have a 89 wrangler with a 2.5L , stock nothing done to the engine, All of a sudden this week, we use it last Saturday and Sunday morning has a weak spark, get it going and let it sit until Tuesday and now no spark. I tool the coil and ignition control module off. they tested good and when I put them back worked, We figured ok, something going on when it get cold so I replaced both. Next day same thing no spark, no start, Let the jeep sit until today when I was going to pull engine codes but come to realize the jeep does not have a check engine light, I decided to give it a shot and it fires right up.

Any ideas? this ones got us confused, Thanks

Unread 12-22-2013, 07:24 PM   #2
Mark05059
1989 YJ Wrangler 

does it crank and not have any fire when its cold? If yes turn the key to on... wait for a bunch of clicking.. then engage the starter.. should start right up. Wont have spark before the series of clicks

1989 Wrangler Black Bone Stock 2.5l 5spd
/l , [____],
|---L--[]lllllll[]-
()_) ()_)==O=)_)
Mark05059 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.