2.5 rear main crank seal replacement - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 2.5 rear main crank seal replacement

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 01-03-2010, 02:11 PM   #1
yj98joe
1989 YJ Wrangler 

2.5 rear main crank seal replacement

hey all. As the title says I have a pretty leaky 2.5 rear main seal and was contemplating doing the r&r on it. Any one done one? How bad of a job is it? do I have to pull the trans? I did a search but nothing real informative came back. anyway, let me know

yj98joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2010, 02:14 PM   #2
UltimatE
Resident Audio Guru

1994 YJ Wrangler 

The actual seal replacement is a piece of cake. I did mine in a minute. The real annoying part is that you have to pull the transmission and clutch/flywheel assemblies to get to it because it is a 1 piece seal.

White '94 YJ Sport
Black '98 ZJ Laredo - 45x60 Surco Rack - 2" Budget Boost, Addco Front Swaybar

Project (s)Low - A build log.
UltimatE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2010, 02:15 PM   #3
yj98joe
1989 YJ Wrangler 

thats what I was afraid of. thanks
yj98joe is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.