2.5 Preformance - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 08-29-2006, 05:39 PM Thread Starter
MontyWilco

2.5 Preformance

Hey im new to the forum and i have a 2.5L 4 banger 95. with 31s and a 4 1/2" lift, iv been hesitant to take it off roading for a few reasons, i live in a suburb about 2 hours from chicago and i dont have anywhere to realy go to do it, and i dont know exactly what i can get myself into without a wench. so if someone could post what the 2.5 are able to do or what i might be able to do that would be great!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-29-2006, 07:42 PM
l_thurier

It's all in the driver. haha. I haven't went into anything too extreme with my jeep but I've went through some stuff with ease with a couple full size 4x4's following me and they couldn't go. And when I say stuff, I mean mud because there is not a lot of rock crawling to be done in my area.

1995 Jeep YJ
2.5L Automatic, Green with tan Hardtop, 2- 100W Driving Lights, 2" Re-Arc & Add-a-leaf,Custom front and rear bumpers, 31x10.50 Super Sport HT's
post #3 of 8 Old 08-29-2006, 08:34 PM
mudbiscuit

you will have a blast man..dont worry about the 4 banger it has enough to push those 31's. i have really put mine through many runs on some bogger 33's and it does very well off road. i would suggest you buying a 10-20 dollar come along and a few tow ropes. my CA has paid for its self many times over.

post #4 of 8 Old 08-29-2006, 09:00 PM
paultyler
Uncle Paul has spoken...

1992 YJ Wrangler 

I agree. Go for it. That it what it is for. It is not a race. My 4 banger has always been good off road.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

92 YJ, 35' MTR Kevlars, Klune/Dana 20, 4.88s, SYE, Rubicon D44s w/Rubicon lockers, front and rear Alloy USA chromoly shafts with 30 spline outers,
, custom cv driveshafts,
, M.O.R.E. 5/8'' boomerang shackles + 2' BL, 15lb Powertank, 4.0L TB & TB spacer, ARB Snorkel, K&N filter, rear bumper and tire rack, Rancho 9000s,
, Teraflex Bellyup,
, rock lights, RE hand throttle, M.O.R.E. roll cage,
, 9000lb winch with synthetic cable
(12voltguy.com), Dual Blue Top Optimas with
dual battery controller, a/c (ackits.com)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshrad View Post
This Uncle Paul guy seems to know what he's talking about.
post #5 of 8 Old 08-29-2006, 09:11 PM
crb577
1993 YJ Wrangler 

i ran 31's with a 4 banger for 3 years and it ran great off road beat the other jeep with 30's on it and kept up with a 4.0L cherokee on 31's. works great with the 4.10's

1993 Jeep Wrangler
4.0L Tom Woods rear HD shaft
D30 w/yukon alloys, lock right, jb4x4 bracket, Rusty's HD tie rod 8.8w/ LSD,SOA xj rear 100" wheelbase, homemade greasable boomerang shackles, SS braided lines, 1" prothane body lift, 35" TrXus M/T, smitty built XRC.
lots of gen right armor and rear stinger.
post #6 of 8 Old 08-29-2006, 09:11 PM
Tomb Raider
Addicted...

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyWilco
Hey im new to the forum and i have a 2.5L 4 banger 95. with 31s and a 4 1/2" lift, iv been hesitant to take it off roading for a few reasons, i live in a suburb about 2 hours from chicago and i dont have anywhere to realy go to do it, and i dont know exactly what i can get myself into without a wench. so if someone could post what the 2.5 are able to do or what i might be able to do that would be great!
Drive on down to missouri and I'll take you wheelin one weekend.

I like to build stuff. Want to know what I build, you can google it
post #7 of 8 Old 08-29-2006, 10:26 PM
leftlanetruckin
XJ on 37's

1998 XJ Cherokee 

i have a 4 banger on 35's, you wont have a problem, you dont need gobs of power unless you need wheel speed, ie mud etc. go find some rocks and have a blast!
scott, you game for sunday @fulton????
ome kit should be here wed/thurs so will b justa flexin away...rofl
guy will be coming down sat to install my old lift kit...
got the b/l on, and the dash mounted winch controls, they are cool!!!
bring a spare set of tube fenders down this week and we'll play.....rofl
talk at ye later mate!

1998 XJ on 37's.JK Rubi axles with chromo shafts and ctm's, 4:1 transfer case, etc etc etc.
2003 Range Rover HSE, 4.4 Quad Cam.
1998 Range Rover with a 6.0 LSx
1994 YJ, 4.3/700R4/OME SOA, etc
Western Star 4900EX 4 axle.
4.3/700r4/new frame buildup (YJ)....

post #8 of 8 Old 08-29-2006, 10:37 PM
Big-n-Broke-YJ
BUILT. NOT BOUGHT.

1989 YJ Wrangler 

power is overrated. driver ability and clearance is where its at

just never go wheeling alone.

you'll be fine and have a blast!

'89 Wrangler, 4.0/AW4, 106" Wheelbase, SOA, custom XJ packs, 2" Body. Front High Pinion Dana 44 w/yukon super-joints, chromo inners and outers, and a Lincoln Locker. Rear Dana 60 w/Yukon 1.5" 35 Spline chomo shafts and detroit locker. 5.38 Yukon Gears. Hydro-Assist, 39.5x18" Boggers on 15x12 RockKrawler's w/ 2.75" of backspacing. Comp cut, tube fenders, custom bumpers and rock sliders, fuel cell, CB, Stewart Warner Gauges, SmittyBilt XRC8 Winch, 140 Amp CS-144 Alternator, Electric Fan, and a cooler of beer. 3897 lbs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.