JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   YJ Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/)
-   -   2.5 Lift Questions (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/2-5-lift-questions-1538021/)

Razorback23 06-18-2013 08:30 AM

2.5 Lift Questions

Hey guys, I'm looking to order a 2.5" lift sometime this week. My jeep is my daily driver and I only wheel it a couple times a month. Sometimes not even that. I'm only 16 and don't have the money to consistently be fixing broken parts. I've been though tons of websites comparing all the lifts, price and quality. This is what I found.

I came across this one its a Skyjacker 2.5 sport. It doesn't come with anything extra. Just springs, shocks, and U bolts. What do you guys think?

http://www.quadratec.com/products/16017_1100_07.htm

Do I need anything else? Transfer case drop, extended brake lines, etc? Also if you have any other suggestions on a 2.5" lift please tell me. Id like to stay around a $700 max. Thanks

RustyNutts 06-18-2013 09:21 AM

Some of the other 2.5" lift kits I've been looking at do come with a transfer case drop kit (old man emu kit), but I'm not sure if it's 100% necessary. I'm going to put the drop kit on when I do my lift just to be as 'correct' as I can with the driveline angles, etc.

The only other things I have seen with some kits are new bushings if your new springs don't come with them, and some people are doing new shackles when they lift, but if yours are in good shape and not beat up too bad, your kit should be compatible with existing shackles.

I don't think I need brake lines with just 2.5" of lift, but this will be my very first lift install so I'll check it out when I do it.

JMAC90YJ 06-18-2013 11:22 AM

I was just quoted some good pricing from a JF vendor on ZONE lifts.
Rockridge4WD.com.
Check them out .

Rproject 06-18-2013 01:01 PM

Your budget opens a world of doors. OME, RE, Zone, BDS to name a few.

I'm running an OME 2.5" lift with no transfer case drop, and factory shackles. I was also able to reuse my original u-bolts, but that is a rare occurrence. With bushings, springs, and new shocks, I was just about $700 delivered to my door.

As for the brake lines, Anitcanman has a nice write-up on a free brake line relocation mod which works real well.

MI_JEEPER 06-18-2013 01:08 PM

I would go with Zone. It's not a bad price and it's good quality.

geusey 06-18-2013 02:39 PM

I did an Old Man Emu for about that price. Here's what I did:
Parts:
4 2.5" Old Man Emu lift springs
New Rancho U bolts
New Polyurethane bushings for all the springs
Black Diamond A-T shocks
Skyjacker T-case drop.
I also had to cut the bolt heads off of my old springs and replace them, but my Jeep is a pile of Rust that spent most of it's life in the northeast, so you might have better luck with that than I did.

Got all this for about what your budget is, maybe a little less. I think Q-tec was having some kind of special on those springs, cause they were listed at a lower price than the stock height springs and I have read some great reviews on them, so I went ahead and got em.
The transfer case drop at that height you could go either way. I have it, but I haven't got around to putting it on yet. I know it's a simple job, but those bolts look pretty rusty and I'm pretty busy. I have noticed a little bit of vibration, but only when I am starting from a dead stop and turning (like out of a stop sign turning right). If the transfer case drop was an expensive or difficult job, I would say don't bother, but it's pretty cheap and easy, so just grab one.

PM me and I can get you part numbers from Quadratec. The old man emu kit is like 950, but the way I did it, I'm pretty sure I stayed under 700.

StanF 06-18-2013 04:28 PM

I am very happy with my Zone 2" lift, which is $500-$550 (check Fueled4wd on eBay).

AmmitOsiris 06-18-2013 04:58 PM

go bds, honestly i run the old man emu springs on mine, but the bds and o.m.e. springs feel about the same after riding in Anticanmans jeep, so go with bds springs and piece them together, plus they got a good warranty

dcocch 06-18-2013 07:23 PM

If you get vibes after the 2.5" lift (I did) go buy some square tubing and drill holes to match the skid plate bolts, get longer bolts and you'll be golden. It cost me about $25 for the drop.

The time now is 09:33 AM.