2.5 to 4.0 throttle body swap. Help!!! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 2.5 to 4.0 throttle body swap. Help!!!

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Header PanelTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 02-28-2013, 09:49 PM   #16
jonothehut
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCrook View Post
I have a 94 4 banger that I am trying to get a little more juice out of. I swapped to a 4.0 throttle body that I got from a junkyard yesterday. Everything hooked up fine. Crank her up and the engine goes wide open. I shut it off tried again, same thing. Any ideas on what I did wrong? Need some help here.
Thanks,
Tom
I have the exact same issue on my YJ. Only difference is I did swap both 2.5 sensors onto the 4.0 TB before installing the 4.0.
I checked they electrical connections. Everything looks in great condition. I even cleaned the sensors and 4.0 throttle body before install.

I saw on another thread that resetting the ECU might fix the issue? Thoughts on this?
Any ideas on what could be wrong?

jonothehut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 06:51 AM   #17
jonothehut
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonothehut

I have the exact same issue on my YJ. Only difference is I did swap both 2.5 sensors onto the 4.0 TB before installing the 4.0.
I checked they electrical connections. Everything looks in great condition. I even cleaned the sensors and 4.0 throttle body before install.

I saw on another thread that resetting the ECU might fix the issue? Thoughts on this?
Any ideas on what could be wrong?
Figured it out! Turns out I missed the IAC housing. Swapped that and it worked like a charm.
jonothehut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 09:39 AM   #18
jeepstillhaslif
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonothehut View Post
Figured it out! Turns out I missed the IAC housing. Swapped that and it worked like a charm.
Just curious but is the power a noticeable difference. What exactly does switching to a 4.0 tb do for the 2.5. On another post I read you would have to reset the ecm. Is this true, or is it a straight up swap parts out and put back together kind of project.
jeepstillhaslif is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.