2.5 to 4.0 throttle body - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 2.5 to 4.0 throttle body

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFG

Unread 02-08-2014, 06:33 PM   #1
mipstien
1991 YJ Wrangler 

2.5 to 4.0 throttle body

I picked up a 4.0 throttle body for my 2.5 jeep today and when compared the 2 the thing i noticed was that the 4.0 had a little tab on it that kept it from bolting right now.

my questions I have are
1. does the idle air valve need to be changed out .
2. if the idle air valve doesn't need to be changed are the idle air base pieces swapable.
3. is the tps the same or does it need to be changed as well.
4. anything else i need to know about them fitting/working

mipstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2014, 08:45 PM   #2
ddferdt
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Swap the 2.5 sensors to the 4.0 body. And make sure you have a gasket and some rtv silicone on hand, otherwise she'll idle really high. Other than that it's pretty straight forward
ddferdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2014, 08:27 AM   #3
mipstien
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Sweet thanks!
mipstien is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.