2.5 to 4.0 tb swap-What year(s)-models will work for this swap - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 2.5 to 4.0 tb swap-What year(s)-models will work for this swap

Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearXHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoSYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140

Unread 04-11-2013, 04:17 PM   #1
jeepstillhaslif
1995 YJ Wrangler 

2.5 to 4.0 tb swap-What year(s)-models will work for this swap

Looking to swap tb. ive seeing several threads and people are using different year and model jeeps. Does it really matter. And I have a 1995 yj 2.5

jeepstillhaslif is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2013, 11:40 PM   #2
DanMiller_yj
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I actually did this on my 94 yj, you can use up to a 95 throttle body! And usually when I start it when its warm idles around 2,000 and slowly drops to 1,300 but I have amazing throttle response! And make sure you swap both of the sensors over from the 2.5tb to the 4.0 so it will have a better idle
DanMiller_yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2013, 06:07 AM   #3
jeep63

1989 YJ Wrangler 

I have not yet done this swap, but it is my understanding that any 4.0 throttle body from any model will work as long as it has 4 bolt holes.
jeep63 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2013, 07:13 AM   #4
yoter
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanMiller_yj View Post
I actually did this on my 94 yj, you can use up to a 95 throttle body! And usually when I start it when its warm idles around 2,000 and slowly drops to 1,300 but I have amazing throttle response! And make sure you swap both of the sensors over from the 2.5tb to the 4.0 so it will have a better idle
x2. Any year will work
yoter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2013, 07:55 PM   #5
jeepstillhaslif
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks to yalls need I now run my 2.5 with a 4.0 tb. Can notice quicker throttle response. Thanks for the help
jeepstillhaslif is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.