2.5 to 4.0 swap - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 2.5 to 4.0 swap

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/Bla

Unread 06-20-2010, 06:34 PM   #1
codeman398
1993 YJ Wrangler 

2.5 to 4.0 swap

so i got a 2wd comanche witha 4.0 in it. and i a wrangler with 2.5 in it. i want to swap them. what years of cherokee could i get the t case from. any advise? what will i need to buy besides the t case? this is my first motor swap need a little help. Thanks a ton

codeman398 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2010, 07:24 PM   #2
moonshinefuel
1995 YJ Wrangler 

A 2 wheel drive transmission won't work. You will need a transmission too.
moonshinefuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2010, 08:09 PM   #3
moonshinefuel
1995 YJ Wrangler 

So yea, the good thing is, there are many different transmissions you can put behind that 4.0, and a lot of ways to go about this. This will no doubt be a good learning experience, and by noting what you have already purchased, you are jumping right in head first. Should be a fun project. Keep posted here as you go along if you can. Will make for an interesting thread to follow, and keep tabs with.
moonshinefuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2010, 11:56 AM   #4
codeman398
1993 YJ Wrangler 

so i can swap everything over clean if i get a t case and tranny? and i know i can pull these out of a cherokee. does it matter what years and all that?
codeman398 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.