2.5 to 4.0 HO - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 2.5 to 4.0 HO

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippHuge Soft top Sale

Unread 06-05-2011, 07:04 PM   #1
Tscott9330

2.5 to 4.0 HO

I know this has been covered in a number of other threads, but I have some specific questions I have been unable to get answers to. I am in the middle of swapping a 4.0L HO from my 92 2wd Cherokee into my 89 2.5L 4x4 wrangler. I got the 6cyl pulled out of the Cherokee today and will be working on pulling the 4cyl out of the wrangler this week.

The 2.5L is of course TBI and the 4.0L is MPFI. I know I will need the harness from the Cherokee, but my main question is how much of it do I need? Can I follow the wires back from the computer connector and remove anything in the harness that does not connect to the computer or should I just swap out the whole harness? I have not had both vehicles side by side yet, but I did notice the wiring harness firewall connectors look a lot alike. Are they the same and can I just swap the harness from the Cherokee in for the old wrangler one?

Thanks,
Tom

Tscott9330 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.