1st year anniversary (ome springs and shocks) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 1st year anniversary (ome springs and shocks)

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREE

Unread 08-17-2011, 02:09 PM   #1
gunshw301
1994 YJ Wrangler 

1st year anniversary (ome springs and shocks)

Paper is supposedly what your supposed to give for your 1st year anniversary. Well I got that in spades!

In amongst all the paper I found a set of 2.5 inch ome springs, shocks, and steering stabilizer.....shes so good to me!

Some comparison shots of the new springs vs the old one I managed to get loose today.

One last poser shot of the stock flex.

I had the day off so I thought I would get it installed. I knew I would be okay on the shackle end since I had them apart less than 2 months ago. I got stuck on the main spring mount and bushings. I tried everything to get them off but I just couldn't get the bolt to push through. Figured they were rusted up (it was) so I had to resort to cutting.

That pretty much stopped my progress since I was planning on reusing the main spring bolts. Now I am ordering a set of grease-able bolts and new bushings.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/16090_701.htm
http://www.quadratec.com/products/16311_5505.htm

Since I was dead in the water with the springs I decided to move on to the steering stabilizer. Once again rust got the better of me and now I am trying to figure out how to get the old damper off the drag link. Tried a puller, heat, air, lube...nothings working. Looking at buying a better puller, I think that's my main problem.

Well that's about it for the day. I will update as progress occurs, any suggestions on the damper will be appreciated.

F/S Dana 35, 4:10, open make an offer, local pick up only, will not ship. 3-8-13

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-94-b-g-yj-1034888/"]My 1994 yj build page[/URL]
gunshw301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2011, 03:03 PM   #2
USMC3531
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah, sounds familiar. I just finished with my lift. Same problem with the factory spring eye bolts....had to resort to an 8 inch grinder with cut off wheel, being careful not to cut into the spring bracket. I went through a whole pile of recipro saw blades before I went to the grinder.

As for the steering stabilizer, I think I used my air hammer with a ball joint fork. It didn't want to come easy though.
USMC3531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2011, 03:46 PM   #3
TheNewbie
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Congrats on your first year. And on finding a woman who can appreciate your love for the Jeep!

My build thread...
I've got a shotgun, a rifle and a four wheel drive...
TheNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2011, 04:22 PM   #4
gunshw301
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah, she knows my love for the jeep. Unfortunately she isn't fully on board with the idea. The only way I got this was I gave her my user name and password to my wish list at quadratec! She is great though, no complaints.... that first year flew by.
F/S Dana 35, 4:10, open make an offer, local pick up only, will not ship. 3-8-13

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-94-b-g-yj-1034888/"]My 1994 yj build page[/URL]
gunshw301 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.