1st gear keep poppin out and third grinds? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 1st gear keep poppin out and third grinds?

15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 04-11-2010, 02:44 PM   #1
bodine74
1992 YJ Wrangler 

1st gear keep poppin out and third grinds?

Ok its started doin this a few weeks back so i crawled under and discovered the my skid plate rusted out right where the tranny mount is. i replaced the skid plate and the tranny mount and its still poppin out of first and third is still grinding. My guess would be either the clutch or tranny. I bought it with 162000 miles on it so my guess would be original tranny and clutch. Any help or ideas would be apprieciated.

bodine74 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2010, 02:56 PM   #2
evoGibson
1998 XJ Cherokee 

nows the time to upgrade to an ax15
Unread 04-11-2010, 04:19 PM   #3
bodine74
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Imon a very tight bidget atm. The wifes on bedrest for the next 5 months prego with twins. I was hoping the tranny mount would fix the problem. But if i gotta replace the tranny then so be it.
bodine74 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2010, 05:29 PM   #4
crazyquadder
1989 YJ Wrangler 

you need a rebuild so you can probably get the ax15 for the same price. Your syncros are messed up
crazyquadder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.