1in Daystar BL - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 1in Daystar BL

August special - FREE XJ Unibody stiffeners when you buy a~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!

Unread 12-25-2010, 03:11 PM   #1
94Wrangler4L
1994 YJ Wrangler 

1in Daystar BL

I recieved a 1in daystar bl for xmas. Anything I should be worrying about when I install this? Any problems or comment would help.

Thanks

Unread 12-25-2010, 03:28 PM   #2
linusb
1994 YJ Wrangler 

See FAQ regarding body mount locations which also speaks to potential problems with rust. It's an easy job if you don't have rust issues.
1994 YJ Wrangler, 4.0, AX15, NP231, 35x12.50x15 BFG KM2s, 4" RC lift, 1" lift Boom Shackles, 1" BL, 4.10 gears, 8.8 LSD in rear and D30 Aussie Locker in front, on-board air conversion, Ramsey RE8000 winch.
linusb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2010, 06:22 PM   #3
GottaYJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

If you are able to get all the bolts out then all you need is a hi lift jack to seperate the tub from the frame. If you snap a bolt or spin a nutsert be prepared to cut the body or at the very least drill and tap for the new bolts. Mine went in fine but my jeep has only seen CA and AZ weather.
GottaYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2010, 09:08 PM   #4
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Make sure you have the sleves in the kit or your old ones are in good shape. Many of the kits don't include them.
Que89YJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2010, 08:11 AM   #5
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I drilled holes where the welded nutserts were in the body (like in the writeup) and gave it a good PB Blaster soaking for a week prior to picking up a wrench. Luckily I didn't break any though I thought I came pretty close. Then again my jeep has only been in the South out of the rust belt.

Here's the link for convenience:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/b...-w-pix-705291/

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2010, 10:24 AM   #6
rinking
2000 TJ Wrangler 

PB blast the crap out of the bolts for atleast a week! I did mine last winter. I did have to cut into My rear corner on passenger side to fix a snapped off bolt. I'm going to be doing another one here shortly on My buddys jeep. Allready been pouring the PB to it! My front clip was off mine when I did it last year, and that made it alot easier to put the corner pieces on the grill. Be patient when backing out the bolts! loosen a little bit, then tighten, loosen, tighten,,,,All the threads will have thicker rust above the nuts. If you start backing them out and they start to get tight, thats when they will snap off!
rinking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2010, 10:34 AM   #7
Longhorn
1995 YJ Wrangler 

My YJ seems to be a freak, but all of my bolts came out with no complications or hard wrenching. Make sure you have a second eye watching the engine bay for hoses, lines, and wires that might get over stretched and pop off. Also make sure your fan blade clears the fan shroud when you're done. Mine didn't need dropped or anything. Keep an eye on the fuel filler hose too. Otherwise, just take your time and be safe. I used 2x4s on the frame while I moved the jack from front to back. Mine went in in about an hour and was by far the easiest thing I've done to my Jeep.
Longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2010, 07:30 PM   #8
kirksjeep
1992 YJ Wrangler 

100% agree on the PB blaster comments. I had to cut out one bolt, but it was the one under the passengers feet. I didn't install the grill corners per directions. As I got each side up, I pulled the stock ones off with a pair of channel locks, the lubed up the new ones and pushed them on as far as I could. When I lowered the jack the weight of the Jeep pushed the grill corners right on.
1992 YJ Sahara- 4.5" RE XD, 1" BL, 1" MML, 35" BFG MT, 8.8 w/Aussie, D30 w/Ten Factory shafts/ Aussie, 4:10 gears, Soild Diff Covers, SYE, CV Drive shaft, OBA, Flowmaster Super 44,, Custom head pipe, Super Chip, Boared out TB, Rock It Intake , Goferit Tie Rod Flip, 99+ intake manifold/Steering pump, custom front/rear bumpers,Hand Throttle, Hurst Shifter, Smitty Built sliders , 6" TJ flairs, Kilby belly up skid, Quadratech 9K winch, ZJ PS cooler. 01 XJ Sport-2" lift, 31x10.50 MT/ 02 Liberty 2" Lift
kirksjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2010, 09:35 PM   #9
Noltz
YJ Wrangler 

Pitts is in the rust belt. You will want to find and SOAK the bolts with PB blaster for at least 3 days before taking them out. You MUST drill the floor above the captured nuts to soak the bolts.
Noltz is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.