1999 4.0 into 1995 YJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 1999 4.0 into 1995 YJ

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/Bla

Unread 02-16-2013, 05:30 PM   #1
609thomasm
1991 YJ Wrangler 

1999 4.0 into 1995 YJ

I bought a 1999 Gran cherokee with a 4.0 engine to install into my 1995 Yj. After pulling the 1999 engine I found that the Alt. bracket mounts are different, and the iron motor mounts that bolts to the block won't bolt up directly. Haven't got to the power steering pump yet. Looks like I can work with the Alt bracket and make that work. The pass. side engine mount should work with a small spacer under one of the bolts. Driver side looks a little more complicated but i should be able to work it out. Does anyone know of other problems I am going to encounter. I was wondering if I get the iron mounts from a 99/2000 TJ that will bolt to block will it match up to the rubber mounts on the frame. Thanks

609thomasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2013, 09:35 PM   #2
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

The temp sensor only had one on xj.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2013, 09:44 PM   #3
SnowdogMarc
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Friend of mine blew up his 4.0 in his XJ and ordered a new long block from the local NAPA. When we went to put it in we had all kinds of issues with bolt holes not being drilled and tapped in the right places and motor mounts that would not line up. When he called NAPA about it they figured out they had ordered a TJ block and not an XJ block so they ordered in another one for him. Everything lined up perfectly....Even though they might be both 4.0L engines they were not the same blocks. You might end up with more adapters and mods then it's worth.
l---L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)____________VE6-SDG
SnowdogMarc is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.