1997 ax15 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 1997 ax15

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 02-11-2011, 01:05 PM   #1
TippmannA-5
1989 YJ Wrangler 

1997 ax15

K so i just picked up this AX15 from a guy for free I started taking it apart and it looks so freaking nice, that i was surprised. The guy said it was stiff in first gear. Maybe he was just a wuss, but if not. How do I tell if a synchro is worn out. Thanks for all the help in advance!!

Yellow Jeep Club Member #4.2
Every time a bird craps on my jeep, I sit on my front porch and eat scrambled eggs to show them what i'm capable of!
TippmannA-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2011, 04:01 PM   #2
4.7stroker
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Probably just needed an oil change.
This may help you in the near future......http://www.billhughes.com/temp/AX15.pdf

Dwayne
4.7stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2011, 12:31 AM   #3
TippmannA-5
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.7stroker View Post
Probably just needed an oil change.
This may help you in the near future......http://www.billhughes.com/temp/AX15.pdf

Dwayne
Thanks for that, but I do not need help taking it apart. I really just want to know what a good and a bad synchro in an AX15 look like....
Yellow Jeep Club Member #4.2
Every time a bird craps on my jeep, I sit on my front porch and eat scrambled eggs to show them what i'm capable of!
TippmannA-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2011, 07:29 AM   #4
4.7stroker
1988 YJ Wrangler 

The PDF should have specs that you can use to check things out. There are several places you will need to measure clerance. The synchroes have a cone that wears, measuring the clearence tells you the condition.
May the Jeep gods be with you.

Dwayne
4.7stroker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1989 , ax15 , jeep , transmission , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.