1995 YJ 2.5l Power Steering Bracket Mounting Help! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 1995 YJ 2.5l Power Steering Bracket Mounting Help!

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 06-09-2011, 05:29 AM   #1
PilotPat24
1995 YJ Wrangler 

1995 YJ 2.5l Power Steering Bracket Mounting Help!

Hello,

Just finishing up a rebuild on a 1995 YJ 2.5l. I am having trouble mounting the power steering bracket back up. I know the front two bolts bolt up the water pump but where the back bolt mount to? Does it mount to the motor mount with the stud on the top? For the life of me, I can't get this bracket to line up! Any suggestions?

All help will be appreciated.

PilotPat24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2011, 02:57 PM   #2
bharris68
1989 YJ Wrangler 

There is a bracket behind the pump that extends from the block up to the Intake, I believe.

More..

Have a look around the backside - do you have pictures of both sides of the bracket?

In Blue here:

Let me know if that helps
bharris68 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2011, 04:18 PM   #3
sandmanfl
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I am in the middle of replacing a water pump so I had to loosen the power steering pump. i am sending a couple of pics I also have a95 YJ 2.5. Be careful when reinstalling bolts ether my torque wrench lied or I am getting stronger NOT broke a bolt on the water pump what a pain had to drill and easy out and alot of prayers..Does your 95 have aseerate powere sterring tank if so these pics should help. Ignore the rust on bracet i did.
water-pump-1.jpg   ps-pump.jpg   ps3.jpg  
sandmanfl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2011, 05:05 PM   #4
bharris68
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Nice pictures - you kids and your fancy new-fangled serpentine belts!!!
bharris68 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2011, 11:57 PM   #5
Megapher
1995 YJ Wrangler 

We have a 95 YJ with a 4.0l 6 cyl and are having some serious issues with the bracket for the power steering pump. We have 5 brackets, all the same and can't figure out how it would mount to the intake. Doesn't seem to line up properly and the last bracket we got was off a 94 yj, same intake, same engine. Any suggestions?
Megapher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.