1995 yj - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 1995 yj

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 05-17-2012, 05:52 PM   #46
crb577
1993 YJ Wrangler 

well got another good day of work in today, was able to fit up the tire carrier for the final time and start getting things painted, was able to get everything painted just waiting to be able to put everything back on which could be tomorrow morning. measured for my drive shaft today so that'll be going out on monday to get lengthened. things are going well so far, just waiting on my tube fenders now, and another weekend at my friend's place to get the traction bar done, and the front soa done. Then it's going to be exhaust time. I'll post pics up later.

D30 w/yukon alloys, lock right, jb4x4 bracket, Rusty's HD tie rod 8.8w/ LSD,SOA xj rear 100" wheelbase, homemade greasable boomerang shackles, SS braided lines, 1" prothane body lift, 35" TrXus M/T, smitty built XRC.
lots of gen right armor and rear stinger.
crb577 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2012, 06:25 AM   #47
crb577
1993 YJ Wrangler 

So it turns out I should have gone with the COMP tank intead of the EXT tank for the stretch. I got stretch just not quite as much as I was hoping on, but I'll try to figure something diferent out when I get more fab time. Still pleased with all of the gen right products they are worth every penny!
D30 w/yukon alloys, lock right, jb4x4 bracket, Rusty's HD tie rod 8.8w/ LSD,SOA xj rear 100" wheelbase, homemade greasable boomerang shackles, SS braided lines, 1" prothane body lift, 35" TrXus M/T, smitty built XRC.
Unread 06-26-2012, 08:15 PM   #48
crb577
1993 YJ Wrangler 

well it's been a while and haven't had much working time on it since work has picked up a lot. But, I have just about everything done now, other than the trac bar, exhaust, and front soa. Need to paint the front tube fenders and cut down the rocker guards to fit with the tube fenders. The new look is definately what it needed and I hope it performs just as well. Trying to get it done to test it in a couple weeks at a club run.

pics to follow after I get the fenders painted and rockers back on.
Unread 08-01-2012, 05:56 PM   #49
crb577
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Update

bad shot of the tube fenders but it works

rear end look

traction bar

Only thing left is the exhaust and the tubing is coming in tomorrow for it so it should be driveable and wheelable this weekend
cage tie ins for the rear
Unread 08-20-2012, 05:27 PM   #50
crb577
1993 YJ Wrangler 

well exhaust is all done I'll get detailed pics when I get home from tennessee. Been driving it as I can on the street and it's gone really well so far. I have a couple of little things to complete for it to be "done" but it won't keep it from wheeling or street driving. I have to tie up some wiring and get my e-brake cable back in other than that I am all set to go.
Only pic I have for now sitting on the trailer after I finished the exhaust at a friend's house.
Unread 08-22-2012, 05:42 PM   #51
trailrider787
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Very nice so far. I did the genright ext tank myself. Nice build, enjoying reading the thread. I'm thinking about doing much of what you just did, so subscribed.
trailrider787 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2012, 09:07 PM   #52
crb577
1993 YJ Wrangler 

well been driving it around all day and might I say it's good to be driving a jeep again. People ask me why I'm driving my 1993 wrangler when I have a 2011 silverado LTZ... oh well I still do it.

anyway important things exhaust pic. went with a magnaflow short SS high flow cat, cherry bomb short muffler, and some tubing from columbia river mandrel(highly recommended), and cut out some flanges on the waterjet at work.

both rigs ( truck needs some better tires)

traction bar setup

Unread 08-25-2012, 04:20 PM   #53
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

It's looking great!
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2013, 10:50 AM   #54
crb577
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Well, after a couple years not having a shop that's changed finally. Bought a house this year and with it has a nice 30x30 garage with insulation and heat. Once I finally have time to get settled traveling a lot this year for work, I'm going to attempt to get back into this thing. Only driving it a few times a year pains me!
jeep-no-plate.jpg  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.