1995 yj - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 1995 yj

GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipUSA Made JK Rear Axles!!! Revolution Gear and Axle

Unread 06-05-2011, 06:06 PM   #1
crb577
1993 YJ Wrangler 

1995 yj

well I've had this YJ for about 6 years now, and it's been through multiple transformations but this is the big one that I've been waiting until I am out of college to do.

Right now it sits as is in my sig.

The frame needs a refresh and so does the body. The motor could use some help too.

Now my plan

take the body off the frame- almost done

sandblast, fix, and paint the frame probably with POR 15

I have some small rust spots on the tub that need to be fixed so I plan to do that and then repaint the entire jeep with a cheap single stage paint. I'm going to herculiner the floor of the tub as well.

tube fenders for the front.

-I'm hoping on doing a stroker motor of some type 4.5l or 4.6l haven't decided yet. with an AW4 behind it.

this is going to be a pretty slow rebuild as I travel a lot for work so having time to work on it is hard but when I'm home I stay at the shop late just about everynight.

well onto the important things pictures

how it sits now

next to a friends '91 renegade that has almost 0 rust. I'll keep updating as I do things

D30 w/yukon alloys, lock right, jb4x4 bracket, Rusty's HD tie rod 8.8w/ LSD,SOA xj rear 100" wheelbase, homemade greasable boomerang shackles, SS braided lines, 1" prothane body lift, 35" TrXus M/T, smitty built XRC.
lots of gen right armor and rear stinger.
crb577 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2011, 07:43 PM   #2
crb577
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Well looks like I'm leaving on Monday for about a month or so, so it looks like all work on this is put on hold until July when I get back, but hopefully I'll get the frame stripped and blasted to see what I'm dealing with, and I'll also start to cut up the body to get some new pieces welded in. Thank god for working at a machine shop where I can do anything for free.
D30 w/yukon alloys, lock right, jb4x4 bracket, Rusty's HD tie rod 8.8w/ LSD,SOA xj rear 100" wheelbase, homemade greasable boomerang shackles, SS braided lines, 1" prothane body lift, 35" TrXus M/T, smitty built XRC.
Unread 07-06-2011, 10:21 PM   #3
crb577
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quick update. Looks like this maybe slower than I thought... I just got word I have to move out of the shop I am renting so the search has begun for a new place to work on it. Just when I found a perfect rolling chassis to put my body on and make almost quick work of this it gets a hold on it. Back from China next week to move and hopefully pick up said rolling chassis.
Unread 09-24-2011, 06:13 PM   #4
crb577
1993 YJ Wrangler 

well another update today, after losing the shop I started looking hard for a good donor jeep for all of my parts. Today I finally found a good one it's a '93 with a nice frame and only a little surface rust on the body. So new plan is:

swap everything over after blasting and painting parts and have my buddy fix the surface rust and respray some sections for me. Will post pictures tomorrow.
Unread 09-25-2011, 03:30 PM   #5
crb577
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Here is the new one...

Will post progress pics as it happens hopefully by the weekend I'll have something done.
Unread 09-25-2011, 05:48 PM   #6
pointech
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Should be able to make a really nice Jeep out of the two of them! Maybe even end up with two Jeeps in the end. Have fun.
pointech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2011, 06:21 PM   #7
crb577
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I'll be parting everything out that I don't use... no room for more toys at the house at the time. It'll be very nice when it's finished should be up on 35's by the end of next month latest, going to try to make a wheeling event in NH with a friend's club. I have a guy lined up to fix the minor rust on the body, I'll bedliner the interior as well as putting all of my '95 stuff onto it.
Unread 09-25-2011, 06:50 PM   #8
Newk76
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by crb577
I'll be parting everything out that I don't use... no room for more toys at the house at the time. It'll be very nice when it's finished should be up on 35's by the end of next month latest, going to try to make a wheeling event in NH with a friend's club. I have a guy lined up to fix the minor rust on the body, I'll bedliner the interior as well as putting all of my '95 stuff onto it.
By chance would you have a spare set of windshield hinges that you would be parting out??

from my iPod cause I can
Newk76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2011, 07:18 PM   #9
crb577
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Most likely not sure how good of shape they are in from my black one, I'd probably have to drill the bolts out... pm me for more details
Unread 09-27-2011, 05:13 PM   #10
crb577
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I got some progress done today, front bumper, rear bumperettes, and trailer hitch is off after a little work... Sandblasted my Warn front bumper and I am painting probably by the weekend and installing the bumper, stinger, and winch. Inspection next week.
Unread 09-27-2011, 08:02 PM   #11
plumber1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

WOW your new looks just like mine did when I bought it a few years ago. Good luck

White Jeep Club #224
plumber1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2011, 06:32 PM   #12
crb577
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Getting it ready for inspection with my warn bumpers and winch because it's easy to install, while I am there. Inspection this week, then the fun begins.

Unread 10-08-2011, 11:15 PM   #13
moonshinefuel
1995 YJ Wrangler 

1995 was the only year to have a fully galvanized frame and body. Considering your location, it looks like its held up quite well.
Unread 10-09-2011, 07:14 PM   #14
crb577
1993 YJ Wrangler 

It has held up well and truth be told it wouldn't take a ton of work to fix the existing stuff. The only problem is, I don't have a shop anymore to work in and being where I am it's tough to only work outdoors on it so I am doing it while I can.
Unread 11-06-2011, 05:30 PM   #15
crb577
1993 YJ Wrangler 

well, after a long weekend, and some late nights after work, I am getting there. Just waiting on some bushings and the axles can go in. ordered an HD tie rod from Rusty's offroad for it, that will hopefully be here by the end of the week. here are some updated photos.

transfer case is in

got the bumper, winch and bull bar on

front brake lines

got the rear brakes onto the axle also.

Hopefully will be all finished by the end of the week, then I'll just have to measure for shocks. and it'll be ready to go.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.