1995 Jeep wrangler wireing clust fudge - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 1995 Jeep wrangler wireing clust fudge

Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFGIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 03-17-2010, 09:12 PM   #1
ridindirty
1995 YJ Wrangler 

1995 Jeep wrangler wireing clust fudge

Hey Yall, Im new here, just puttin that out there.
I have a 95 wrangler 4cly 5spd but i replaced the drivetrain with a 93 cheerokke i6 auto, with the cheerokkes stock engine harness which was cut and added to by the old owner but it ran when pulled, I have a 95 i4 and i6 dash harness, with the i6 nothing but the pas. tail light works and its on full time, and with the i4 both tail lights are on full time unless i pull out the hazzards then they shut off, i suck at wiring just to let you all know
i want to take it to a shop and have it finished but the only shop that will touch it wants 75$ an hour which is ridiculous, id spring for 40$ or so but not 70$, so does anyone know whats wronf with it or live near fort pierce fl? ill bring it to you and pay you but not 75 an hour unless youll have it dont in an hour, you can also call or text me if you have ideas 772 828 1274
thanks yall, and yes ive had a mechanic look at it but he can go any futhur with it so no im stuck
and its lifter 8.5 inches with a welded front axle, and 8000 lb mile marker winch and is either getting mudkings 35s or millitary 37s

ridindirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2010, 02:36 PM   #2
ridindirty
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Anybody?
nbjsadfvuihadsjkvbhjvfujidsbnvjdhfuisdfjkbnhuiofhw jkfbnikdhuidsbhfjk
Unread 03-18-2010, 03:05 PM   #3
shatteredsoul
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Are you talking about the tail lights not working properly, if so then check you brake light switch thats attached to the brake pedal lever. My tail light,bake lights blinkers etc wasnt working right a few weeks ago. My switch had dirt and crud and couldnt move causing the lights bot to work right. If the wiring is all hacked up then I dont know what to say except try and find a good un-cut one which is what I did.
shatteredsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2010, 03:07 PM   #4
ridindirty
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I wish it was only tail lights, they acually come one, only thing that does, nothing at all works and the tail lights just stay on full time
Unread 03-18-2010, 03:30 PM   #5
shatteredsoul
1998 TJ Wrangler 

So everything else on the jeep is fine wiring wise? My lights were acting crazy I had...

No tail lights,no brake lights, blinker worked on passenger side only and both lights worked on hazzard. It ended up being a stuck stop light switch, a lil WD-40 and a flat head screw driver to break it loose and all is good now. If you look at your brake pedal the switch is about half way up and a real PITA to get to since the YJs are so small cab wise. Other than that i dont know it could be a lot of things wiring wise but Id check all your grounds really good.
shatteredsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2010, 02:53 PM   #6
ridindirty
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I dont know how else to say it bud, NOTHING WORKS EXCEPT THE TAIL LIGHTS the tail light are on full time, NOTHING ELSE TURNS ON
Unread 03-19-2010, 03:14 PM   #7
vector6
2001 TJ Wrangler 

you bought it like this?
vector6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2010, 03:19 PM   #8
88YJtoCJ
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I had similar problems when someone tried to hotwire the vehicle, it fried most of the systems.
88YJtoCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2010, 05:31 PM   #9
ridindirty
1995 YJ Wrangler 

no its a motor swap, and this site has almost no responses, ill try a smaller site, not to be an *** but i cant wait forever for an answer or 2 I need it back on the road because my truck need insurence work done
Unread 03-27-2010, 06:56 PM   #10
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridindirty View Post
Hey Yall, Im new here, just puttin that out there.
I have a 95 wrangler 4cly 5spd but i replaced the drivetrain with a 93 cheerokke i6 auto, with the cheerokkes stock engine harness which was cut and added to by the old owner but it ran when pulled, I have a 95 i4 and i6 dash harness, with the i6 nothing but the pas. tail light works and its on full time, and with the i4 both tail lights are on full time unless i pull out the hazzards then they shut off, i suck at wiring just to let you all know
i want to take it to a shop and have it finished but the only shop that will touch it wants 75$ an hour which is ridiculous, id spring for 40$ or so but not 70$, so does anyone know whats wronf with it or live near fort pierce fl? ill bring it to you and pay you but not 75 an hour unless youll have it dont in an hour, you can also call or text me if you have ideas 772 828 1274
thanks yall, and yes ive had a mechanic look at it but he can go any futhur with it so no im stuck
and its lifter 8.5 inches with a welded front axle, and 8000 lb mile marker winch and is either getting mudkings 35s or millitary 37s
I think your best bet is to install the original harness for your old 2.5. The only diffference between it and the one for the 4.0 was two additional wires for the two extra enjectors. I will see if I can find the wiring diagram showing where those wires go. I am nitt so sure about the brain but I'll look into it also.

Getting older, I have developed some special skills. I have the ability to cough, sneeze, fart and pee at the same time.

"If we cannot afford to take care of Veterans, then we should stop making them."
David C. Wilker Jr. USAF (RET)
laybackman is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2010, 07:54 PM   #11
Burnerman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridindirty View Post
no its a motor swap, and this site has almost no responses, ill try a smaller site, not to be an *** but i cant wait forever for an answer or 2 I need it back on the road because my truck need insurence work done
Whoa! You want someone to be able to tell you how to fix a butchered wiring harness. And you want it now? OK get the proper harness and swap it in. Problem solved. There is no way to fix it other than to study the wire diagrams for each ciruit and find whats wrong and fix it. Then move to the next and repeat. That could be a days worth of work or a week depending on how butchered it is. Looking at the pics you posted of what was spliced it's hard to tell....
Unread 03-28-2010, 10:44 AM   #12
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by laybackman View Post
I think your best bet is to install the original harness for your old 2.5. The only difference between it and the one for the 4.0 was two additional wires for the two extra enjectors. I will see if I can find the wiring diagram showing where those wires go. I am nitt so sure about the brain but I'll look into it also.
Above is a quote of my answer to you. That may not be entirely true because you are going from a 4 cylinder to a 6 cylinder engine. The distributer is different and there are two more injectors to deal with.

Here are two pictures that show the differences in wiring at the PCM.

Getting older, I have developed some special skills. I have the ability to cough, sneeze, fart and pee at the same time.

"If we cannot afford to take care of Veterans, then we should stop making them."
Unread 03-28-2010, 11:15 AM   #13
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

These PCM (brain) part numbers came from a list I have of part numbers but it is not really clear what goes where but I think I have it figured out. These number are for all YJ’s from 1994 -1996 although there were no actual ’96 YJ’s that I am aware of made for use in the USA.
It is a bit confusing because this number list is probably not complete from what I have seen/read.
RFI = Radio suppression
4.0 with a manual transmission:
1994(?): 5602 7579 W/RFI, 1995: 5602 8837,

2.5 with an automatic transmission:
1995: 5602 8839, 1994(?): 5602 7684 W/RFI,
1995: 5602 7680, 1995: 5602 7682, 1994(?):5602 7676, 1994(?): 5602 7684,

Tags
florida , help needed , problem , wiring

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.