1995 jeep wrangler 4.0 automatic New transmission now it runs like crap! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 1995 jeep wrangler 4.0 automatic New transmission now it runs like crap!

USA Made JK Rear Axles!!! Revolution Gear and AxleFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitThe ALL NEW Factor 55 ProLink Winch Shackle Mounts availab

Unread 05-28-2013, 10:35 PM   #1
daddyyj
1995 YJ Wrangler 

1995 jeep wrangler 4.0 automatic New transmission now it runs like crap!

1995 jeep wrangler 4.0 automatic Had my transmission rebuilt now it runs like crap engine light comes on after about 5 mins of driving and sometimes after it warms up it won't restart lights everything come on but when I turn the key the starter does nothing not a noise and I did replace the starter after about 15min of sitting it fires right up what did they do to my jeep! It has 76k original miles my dad owned it and took very good care of it. Please help I'm already into this $1500 and the engine ran like new before the rebuilt transmission.

daddyyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2013, 06:14 AM   #2
EABiker
1989 YJ Wrangler 

If you paid someone to rebuild and install the trans, take it back to them and have them fix what they messed up!
EABiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2013, 07:16 AM   #3
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Engine light coming on helps. It sounds like you have a couple things going on soi one thing at a time. Do the diagnostics like in this link and report back what you find:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...codes-1257145/
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2013, 12:59 PM   #4
XJ93
1995 YJ Wrangler 

My first suspect would be the crank sensor. Either they broke it or don't have it lined up right. Same thing happened to me when I replaced the transmission in my old 93 XJ. That would be the only component in which messing with the transmission should have anything to do with the engine running properly.
XJ93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2013, 03:26 PM   #5
blake989
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ93 View Post
My first suspect would be the crank sensor. Either they broke it or don't have it lined up right. Same thing happened to me when I replaced the transmission in my old 93 XJ. That would be the only component in which messing with the transmission should have anything to do with the engine running properly.
x2. Sounds like they damaged the CPS during re-install of the transmission.
Unread 05-29-2013, 08:09 PM   #6
jay-h
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ93 View Post
O2 sensors also

wife's toys
97 Grand Cherokee (ZJ)
87 MB 560SL roadster
jay-h is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.