1995 2.5L to 2005 TJ 4.0 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 1995 2.5L to 2005 TJ 4.0

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-16-2013, 08:31 PM   #1
Carnill
1995 YJ Wrangler 

1995 2.5L to 2005 TJ 4.0

Hey guys I am in dire need of a new engine! I have the opportunity to buy a 4.0l engine trany and transfer case for pretty cheap. I know that I will have to move the motor mounts up but do I need to add more support? I also know that I need new front and rear drive shafts but thats about it. How complicated is the wiring? I know its possible to tap into the wiring I currently have but would it be worth it to just get the new wiring harness? What else will I need to buy?

I know most people would just say go with the v8 but thats going to add up to fast and I have a great deal in front of me!
thank you

Carnill is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.