1994 YJ rear ended - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 1994 YJ rear ended

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 12-31-2013, 05:28 AM   #31
lakeobum
1989 YJ Wrangler 

"Oh, I forgot. Your lower back and neck is starting to ache. Go see a doctor. You need therapy. 3 year statute of limitations on personal injury in SC."

I am sorry, but NO! This is BS.
Thinking like this is why we pay such high premiums. If you are hurt, of course go see a Dr. You are completely entitled to get compensation for what you lost, not like that.

BTW when you replace the tailgate, I found this place to get actual automotive paint in a spray can to match your color code. They also sell a two part clear coat. I have had great service from this place.
http://www.repaintsupply.com/

lakeobum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2014, 01:31 PM   #32
Doink
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Damage Photos

The rear cross member (bumper) took a pretty good shot. PO tried unsuccessfully to reshape the bumper hoop. Also, the latch striker is completely gone.
Worse yet, he tried 2x to make a BS latch. His solution? Put a bathroom door lock screwed to the interior of the door (FAIL). 2nd try: screw a 2-piece hasp to the exterior and put a padlock on it (EPIC FAIL).
I did get the tailgate removed by drilling out the torx screws. Hopefully the body shop will be able to pull out the dents and open the tailgate opening to the correct size.
Couple questions: Anyone got a tailgate striker for sale? How do I get at the body bolts broken off inside the corners?
Unread 01-01-2014, 01:35 PM   #33
NHfireYJ
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doink View Post

The rear cross member (bumper) took a pretty good shot. PO tried unsuccessfully to reshape the bumper hoop. Also, the latch striker is completely gone.
Worse yet, he tried 2x to make a BS latch. His solution? Put a bathroom door lock screwed to the interior of the door (FAIL). 2nd try: screw a 2-piece hasp to the exterior and put a padlock on it (EPIC FAIL).
I did get the tailgate removed by drilling out the torx screws. Hopefully the body shop will be able to pull out the dents and open the tailgate opening to the correct size.
Couple questions: Anyone got a tailgate striker for sale? How do I get at the body bolts broken off inside the corners?
CUT. Actually I used a 2" hole saw to access the captive nut

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/b...-w-pix-705291/
bodymnt1.jpg  
BETTY...94 SE, Golen Stroker 4.6, RE 4" lift, 1" booms rear, 1/2" booms front, 1" BL, 35 12.5 15 GY MTR's Kevlar on 15 x 8, AA SYE w/ Woods shaft, D30 Aussie, 8.8 w/ LSD, 4.10, Smittybilt front and rear bumpers, Wildbuilt rock sliders, Cutom tire carrier w/ Jerry can, Hi-Lift, Smitybilt 8000lb winch, Ammo can consol, VHF & CB radio, Herculined, Neoprene seat covers, Hard /soft/ bikini tops.

HUMMER INTAKE. Click here.. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...style-1257285/

FEBRUARY 2013 YJOTM
NHfireYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2014, 04:36 PM   #34
devoX13
1994 YJ Wrangler 

No brainer for sure. When a deer found itself in front of my integra and "totalled" it, we got the estimate, got paid for it being "totalled" by our insurance company, went to the nearest you pull jy with ricers in it and took a whole front clip for 200. Used the rest to buy my jeep. Win-win for me.
devoX13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2014, 12:02 PM   #35
Doink
1994 YJ Wrangler 

FINALLY! My yj is straight and true. $200 and done in one afternoon (Knight's Body Shop, Great Falls SC). Now I just need to add paint and it will be good as new! Thanks for all the advice and support!
Unread 04-20-2014, 01:49 AM   #36
millertime021
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Glad to hear!
millertime021 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
body work , bumper , damage , rear end

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.