1994 YJ Oil Problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 1994 YJ Oil Problem

2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 08-24-2011, 03:55 PM   #1
PeterSyz
1992 YJ Wrangler 

1994 YJ Oil Problem

I have a '94 YJ that I drive almost everyday. The oil pressure is always low even after filling it with oil. I check it after just 50 miles and there's no oil left. There is no leak, I am sure of it.

Has anyone ever experienced this or know what might be causing this?
Plaese let me know, Thanks!

PeterSyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2011, 04:23 PM   #2
clarkjdg
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Well is it smoking? Because if it isnt leaking out that really just leaves one option "Burning" and low oil pressure usually means problems to start with. Check your tail pipe and see what its like at the rear.
(o) )-(o) )-*-) )
88 YJ, Smittybilt SRC Front, Side, and Rear Armor, Family Roll Bars, TJ Flares, and Half Doors
4"Leaf, 2"Body, and 1"Leaf Lift, 4.10 Geared Dana 30 Posi with Cable Engage, Ford 8.8 Posi, With 33s BFGs MT KM2
Everything "Black" Inner, Under, and outer "Black" on the Body is "Bed Linered" and I will be Thru the day that I Die!
clarkjdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2011, 07:47 PM   #3
damian H
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Do you have pcv system hooked up? With out a crank case ventilation system that works properly your engine could use alot of oil.
damian H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
oil , oil leaking , oil pressure

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.