1993 YJ Starting Issue - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 1993 YJ Starting Issue

Long Arm kits for all JK models from Clayton Off RoadFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 07-25-2012, 08:52 PM   #46
scottsilvia82
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Some auto part stores rent out a fuel pressure test kit and it is great. If you pressure is 29psi you should be good. I had the same starting issue, but was not the pump for me!

Here are some additions to the throttle body cleaning:

- Buy the gaskets because the liquid stuff can get in the TB and restrict air flow.
- Use blue lock tight because eng vibration WILL back out the screws. You will notice the factory put lock tight on the threads as well. The blue med strength is good. I would not use red, because you want to get it off again!
- Last, cover the intake manifold after removing TB.
- Use TB cleaner and not carb cleaner.

Have fun!

scottsilvia82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 03:54 PM   #47
Hosejockey61
2000 TJ Wrangler 

well, we made it a whole 7 days before it finally failed. New fuel assembly unit will be in tomorrow. Friggen $200....sheesh. The good thing is, my son is actually excited to tear back into it now....what have i created....
Hosejockey61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2012, 06:33 AM   #48
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I love saying this so......I told you so!

You might want to do the access door cut mod for the fuel pump. It will save you headaches in the future in having to drop the tank.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/t...-door-1196344/
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/9...panel-1195157/
Que89YJ is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
starter , won't start

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.