1993 YJ Sahara Paint Code Difference - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 06-14-2011, 09:40 AM Thread Starter
weerwolv
1993 YJ Wrangler 

1993 YJ Sahara Paint Code Difference

Hi all,

Trying to figure something out before I buy some touch up paint as well as have my half doors painted.

Did the 1993 YJ Sahara come in only one color?

When I look up paint codes for that year (and mine is green in color) it gives out two codes..

PG5 Hunter Green metallic

or

AY96JG5 Hunter Green Metallic

To make things even better I have a lot of trouble seeing color difference. Are these the same paints under different codes or is there something different?

Thanks all in advance

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-14-2011, 09:53 AM
ziebartrob
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Not sure what the AY96 part is, but JG5 was also used for PG5, which is Hunter Green Metallic. Same color as my heep. I have used the PG5 code in the past and it is dead on.

Originally Posted by Mymmars
when your start to anthropomorphise your jeep into somthing above a dog and below a hooker
post #3 of 3 Old 06-14-2011, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
weerwolv
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks so much. This helps a lot and what I'll probably do is grab a paint pen to start with just to make sure...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.