1993 YJ Build and thanks for a lot of help along the way folks - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 1993 YJ Build and thanks for a lot of help along the way folks

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 03-27-2013, 09:33 AM   #1
weerwolv

1993 YJ Wrangler 

1993 YJ Build and thanks for a lot of help along the way folks

Hi everyone,

Been a long and cold winter up here in New England but my build for year 2012-2013 is finally getting near an end. I just wanted to post some photos up for everyone to see as I got a lot of help from many members on this forum over the last couple years.

As background, my YJ started life as a pretty much bone stock 1993 Sahara edition with a hardtop. Luckily, she spent most of her life as a summer toy so rust was at an absolute minimum. Pretty much nothing on the body except for a bit under the drivers seat and floor pan and that was about it.

She came with a 4.0 and AX15 with factory air conditioning. Her biggest downside was the ABS brake system and all the wires and extra plumbing that came with it.

Since getting it I dumped $$$ into it which I always new would happen

Rebuilt NP231 and added JB Conversions SYE
Adams Drive Shaft
Sourced Dana 30 and Dana 35 with 4.10 gears
Dumped the CAD and went to TJ/XJ shaft conversion for front
Replaced all axle seals

Dumped ABS system completely and went to Crown Dual Booster
Did full brake job
Ran new Stainless Hardlines for everything
Serviced AC system

Upgraded Suspension to BDS 2" Springs and shocks all Around
Upgraded Shackles to MORE 5/8 Boomerang all around

Did full Metalcloak Treatment all around with Overline 6" Flares. Rear setup is the Metalcloak Mod Cut plus 6" Flare

Went to 33"x10.5"x15 Toyo MT mounted on Black Rock Desperado 15x8.5 inch wheels

The above is what I'll live with for the summer

Next package of upgrades includes

Line X interior
Replace Rear axle with either D44 or Ford 8.8
Ham Radio Install plus CB
Tire Carrier and Bumper upgrade
Locker of some type.

Always open to thoughts and will share more under hood photos soon of the changes there as well. Early shots don't show brake booster upgrade

imag0002.jpg   imag0003.jpg   imag0004.jpg   imag0008.jpg   imag0006.jpg  

weerwolv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2013, 09:38 AM   #2
Rproject
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Looking good!!!!

Are you going to do some type of body armor or leave the side step the way it is?

The "sideways" build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/r...hread-2164793/
Rproject is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2013, 09:54 AM   #3
rmappelt
1993 YJ Wrangler 

The cloaks look good! Looks like you have a great start. Hope you have fun wheeling this summer!

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/my-93-yj-build-slow-low-cog-1229470/"][FONT="Arial Black"][COLOR="Navy"]My build: OuraYJ[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL]
rmappelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2013, 09:56 AM   #4
Dake

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Man those finders look good!
Dake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2013, 10:02 AM   #5
weerwolv

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks all,

Forgot to mention that I will have Metalcloak Rock Sliders installed real soon. Already have them just the last thing on the list for install
weerwolv is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.