1993 YJ 4" Lift Help! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 1993 YJ 4" Lift Help!

Disc Brake Kits from ECGSECGS JK Dana 60 Bolt In Rear DiffGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 03-15-2011, 02:45 PM   #16
ESVAJeepYJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Another Vote for Rough Country. I installed a RC 4" lift on my 1992 YJ and i'm really happy with it. Can't beat the price either. And as far as quality i got a decent ride On and Off road.

ESVAJeepYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2011, 04:06 PM   #17
hotelconucc93

2010 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MardiGras1 View Post
Does anyone have pics of their rigs with the RC lift?
Click below....build thread....last pages (page 16) show it in driveway and all pages being built.

My Build Thread --->>> http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/t...ilding-869713/

Not my write up, but now one of my jeeps losing a BA and gaining an AX-> http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f19/y...ite-up-312203/
hotelconucc93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2011, 04:26 PM   #18
sdillinger
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I have the Fabtech 3.5" which is tall enough for 33's. Previous owner installed it but from my research it looks to be affordable and is very complete when it comes to parts. It has military wrapped springs and everything is holding up well after more than 5 years. Not really impressed with the ride quality though its very stiff.
sdillinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2011, 04:35 PM   #19
Mobile_Homie
Desert Rat

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse0376 View Post
i have heard from many people that old man emu is by far the best riding lift you can get. Personaly i wouldent waste my money on a spring under lift kit. Go with a spring over! you can keep your stock springs so you will get a softer ride and alot better flex! Also if you can weld or have a buddy that can it would be cheaper then any spring lift you can buy.
As far as "wasting money on a spring under" I did not even see a Jeep in your profile.

Define "cheap"

SYE + driveshaft
high steer set up
properly setting pinion angle

Properly done a spring over lift would be most peoples choice, but it is far from "cheap".

Smoke em if you got em!

Click here
Mobile_Homie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2011, 04:41 PM   #20
giggityjeeper
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MardiGras1 View Post
So if I decide to go with other than RC which would be the best?
OLD MAN EMU........ its better ehn RC anyhow

Hangin Loose.....almost broke my brake line...

only OME 2.5" sprins on a SUA, and stay SUA if ya can its easier and cheaper, SOA is nice, I like since I did it, but its not easy or cheap to do correctly...

OME 4" springs would be sick flex, and these things ride like clouds compared to stock...

this setup is 2.5" springs shackles and OME shocks.... the flex is best I hav seen from 2.5" springs, bear in mind I have cut my fenders flat, and a 3" BL, and 2." springs and it still stuffed a 33 tire, on level fround there is easily about a 7-8" gap from top of tire to top of fender.... I ****ing love them

I had to move my brake lines with only a 2.5 caus they flex so good....

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...-jeep-1050879/

family roll bar swap/upgrade..

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/f...grade-1054753/

1990 YJ. SOA, OME 36R 3.5" lift springs, OME 5/8 greasable shackles, OTT high steer, Custom cage, team Rush, Posi, 33 TSL swampers
giggityjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2011, 04:45 PM   #21
Drix
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Bought mine with the RC. I like it yes it is a bit rough but it dont bother me.
95' YJ 4" lift 33"x12.5r15's D30/8.8 locked with 4:88's
USMC Jeep Club #6
"Why in hell can't the Army do it if the Marines can. They are the same kind of men; why can't they be like Marines."
Gen. John J. "Black Jack" Pershing, USA; 12 February 1918
Drix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2011, 06:44 PM   #22
Jesse0376

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobile_Homie

As far as "wasting money on a spring under" I did not even see a Jeep in your profile.

Define "cheap"

SYE + driveshaft
high steer set up
properly setting pinion angle

Properly done a spring over lift would be most peoples choice, but it is far from "cheap".
Yea I do have a jeep and bet its built better than yours so don't worry about what I have to say because this isn't your thread.
Jesse0376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2011, 05:15 PM   #23
MardiGras1
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Hey guys it looks like I will lean toward the Rough Country 4" lift, does anyone have pics of the progression of their installiation?
MardiGras1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2011, 09:32 AM   #24
Jesse0376

Jesse0376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2011, 12:16 PM   #25
jesusfreakiamhe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Project jack my jeep

Me and a buddy did this lift yesterday. It took us about 7 hours. would have taken a lot less time if we had a cutting torch. we had to grind off 4 bolts. the rest took an impact rench and some cheeter bars. My jeep came from Ohio so ther was a lot of rust.
If you know anyone that has done a lift before it would be great to have them around. But if you take directions well the instructions that you get it the lift will get the job done.
I gree with what was said before, soke those bolts in BP blaster for a few days.
I have some progress pics i will post but when I get my super swampers on i will have my final progress pics.
GOOD LUCK!
jesusfreakiamhe is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.