1993 Wrangler Sahara undercoating - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 1993 Wrangler Sahara undercoating

Jeep Grand Cherokee Headlight AssembliesJeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontPremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 11-10-2011, 06:16 PM   #1
b2super
1993 YJ Wrangler 

1993 Wrangler Sahara undercoating

I just bought this jeep from a little old man. its in really good shape but it does have some issues. The one thing I would like to know is about the undercarriage. its has some rust, nothing major but I would like to know what people think my best options are to make this baby last a little longer. thanks for replying.

b2super is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2011, 06:22 PM   #2
tdewit
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2super View Post
I just bought this jeep from a little old man. its in really good shape but it does have some issues. The one thing I would like to know is about the undercarriage. its has some rust, nothing major but I would like to know what people think my best options are to make this baby last a little longer. thanks for replying.
Clean the rust, POR15 or Chassis Saver, then paint it with a bedliner, your choice. You'll get 1e6 as to what you listen to :-)
tdewit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2012, 08:12 PM   #3
b2super
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Ok, I'm on vacation and this things been bugging me so decided to tackle it. did't get the POR15 stuff but did use a rest inhibitor, and put RustOleum on top. pulled off each tire and attacked it all 1/4 at a time. I really underestimated the amount of time that this would take. also lying on your back when craps falling in your face makes a long day. So I made it a 2 day thing. I am very please at the results and at least at little bit releaved that I gave this baby a couple of more years.
Unread 06-22-2012, 08:28 PM   #4
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

that should be ok for 6 months or so. that is what i normally do to mine and its usually about 6 months before the road dirt and stuff has the rust creeping out again, even in the summer. the debris on the road that gets thrown up by your tires while driving really knocks the paint off, like a sand blaster
Unread 06-23-2012, 09:16 PM   #5
b2super
1993 YJ Wrangler 

you're probley right but it has to be better then nothing. when under there noticed some things that are going to need attention so maybe its good that I'll go back under and check under her skirt in the spring. things could be worse.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.