1993 seatbelt replacement?? has anyone done it? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 1993 seatbelt replacement?? has anyone done it?

JK Vent Covers - NalinMFGRCV Axles at CCORPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 05-17-2011, 11:41 PM   #16
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella93wrangler
Okay, so if anyone knows how to move the drivers seat up/ flip it up please by all means tell me lol. i can adjust it forward so i can reach the pedals but i don't know how to flip it forward.

1993 YJ Jeep Wrangler Penguino
There should be a paddle handle on the door side of your seat that you lift up and then pull up and forward on the seat. Or underneath there should be a wavy bar thar you do the same thing too.

Unread 05-17-2011, 11:49 PM   #17
bella93wrangler
1993 YJ Wrangler 

okay i'll look at that tomorrow when there is light and I can pull her into the driveway lol
()_) ()_)-o-()_) Lets get TOPLESS & Play in the mud!
bella93wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2011, 11:56 PM   #18
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
okay i'll look at that tomorrow when there is light and I can pull her into the driveway lol
Good. I'll take some pictures of mine for you.
Unread 05-18-2011, 04:26 AM   #19
Tongie
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Two of the bolts on drivers side are pulled out from underneath the tub.
The other two can be accessed by just sliding the seat forward/backward.
Tongie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2011, 04:42 AM   #20
Nibbley15
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella93wrangler View Post
Okay, so if anyone knows how to move the drivers seat up/ flip it up please by all means tell me lol. i can adjust it forward so i can reach the pedals but i don't know how to flip it forward.

Not all Jeeps arrived with this "option"; mine didn't only the passenger side flips forward. I just sat in the backseat with the torx wrench on a socket wrench. On the 93's there is only 2 bolts you need to pull, the bottom one under the retractor, and up on the roll bar.
You can also purchase the "flip" piece from several sites for the drivers side if you wish.
Nibbley15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2011, 06:13 AM   #21
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibbley15

Not all Jeeps arrived with this "option"; mine didn't only the passenger side flips forward. I just sat in the backseat with the torx wrench on a socket wrench. On the 93's there is only 2 bolts you need to pull, the bottom one under the retractor, and up on the roll bar.
You can also purchase the "flip" piece from several sites for the drivers side if you wish.
From '87 through '90 YJs came with risers that "tumble" forward on both front seats.

From '91-'95 the driver's riser was "fixed" and did not tumble. However, a new feature had been added to allow the seatback to tilt forward at the base of the seatback.

It sounds as though you have the non-tumble riser, and a seat that isn't stock or correct for that year which doesn't tilt forward.

For what it's worth, ALL replacement Bestop brand risers do tumble, so if you ever replace your seat riser just use a riser from an earlier model ('87-'90) or a Bestop brand.

Max

Sent from my HTC Incredible Droid

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2011, 10:07 AM   #22
planedog
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I'd like to hear if the replacement was worth a darn. I bet all replacement belts suck as bad as the original.
planedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2011, 10:18 AM   #23
sebastian22
1995 YJ Wrangler 

just curious but what is a Jeep Wrangler Penguino?

Did you name your YJ "El Penguino" ?
Unread 05-18-2011, 05:39 PM   #24
Nibbley15
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by planedog View Post
I'd like to hear if the replacement was worth a darn. I bet all replacement belts suck as bad as the original.
Picked up my replacements from Morris, they work great, although a bit touchy; meaning that you have to pull them out with a smooth motion. If you go yanking on it, it immediately stops. Another side note, the aftermarket ones I picked up have a bigger opening at the retractor; so all sorts of stuff can make its way in there.
Nibbley15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2011, 01:16 PM   #25
93RedYJ
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I got my replacements from Quadratec. Have the same issue with putting them on...you have to do it real slowly and smoothly for it to pull right. Not a big deal after you get used to it. It's not a hard job to get done. Good luck.
93RedYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2011, 09:00 AM   #26
planedog
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibbley15 View Post
Picked up my replacements from Morris, they work great, although a bit touchy; meaning that you have to pull them out with a smooth motion. If you go yanking on it, it immediately stops. Another side note, the aftermarket ones I picked up have a bigger opening at the retractor; so all sorts of stuff can make its way in there.
That's what I figured. You can expect that "touchy" part to get worse, that's why I threw away my new Omix-Ada seat belts and replaced them with early '90's F-150 seat belts.
planedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2011, 01:34 PM   #27
bella93wrangler
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian22 View Post
just curious but what is a Jeep Wrangler Penguino?

Did you name your YJ "El Penguino" ?
I namedher penguino. she is black And white. lol just penguino
()_) ()_)-o-()_) Lets get TOPLESS & Play in the mud!
bella93wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 02:57 PM   #28
joemama53

Bolts

Does anyone know where to get the fasteners if i buy the after market rear seat belt set?
joemama53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 03:05 PM   #29
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama53
Does anyone know where to get the fasteners if i buy the after market rear seat belt set?
Any grade 8 bolts will work.
Unread 05-15-2013, 04:23 PM   #30
JWELK
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I have purchased the JC Whitney set. The only issue was the front floor mounted section, they were not long enough. Fortunately the OEM was still good. The rear seat also had an issue, as the mounting was different than the OEM. The end result is the rear seats are useless unless you have less than a 34 inch waste. Seat belt extensions have solved this issue. Be certain to read the pros and cons from the catalogs, I posted the issues with both. While neither was life threatening, both required several trips to the hardware store. As for your torx, just replace them. I used stainless with a shoulder. The threads are different than the other bolts.
I wasn't interested in the strength rating as it is just a pavement princess. If you are concerned, hopefully someone will post the specs.

Regards,

Jim W
JWELK is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
1993 , jeep , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.