1993 clutch master cylinder help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 1993 clutch master cylinder help

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!

Unread 05-16-2010, 08:02 PM   #1
khekele
1993 YJ Wrangler 

1993 clutch master cylinder help

I started to remove the clutch master cylinder out of my jeep and got it completely unbolted except can't get the hydraulic line disconnected from the master cylinder. Since i have a 1993 i should be able to disconnect the line at the master cylinder, but it just has a square head with the line running out the side of the bolt that is loose (can move like it is unscrewing a little), but can't get it unscrewed out. How do i get it removed?

This is my first time really working in the jeep engine compartment so i am trying to figure out a lot of this as I go.

khekele is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2010, 08:12 PM   #2
Burnerman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

If you look closely you'll see a small roll pin that goes sideways thru the body of the MC. It goes thru a slot in the metal fitting attached to the line. I use a small punch and tap it out a little then grab it with cutting pliers and pull it out the rest of the way. Then the metal fitting will pull straight out.
Unread 05-16-2010, 08:16 PM   #3
khekele
1993 YJ Wrangler 

i figured that had something to do with it and it was that easy. Thanks
khekele is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.